Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant
Company: CVS Health Retail
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 13, 2022
It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS
Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000
stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales
oriented, Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant who is passionate about
the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be
topnotch. We have partnered with service industry leaders to bring
top-notch beauty services to our customers in-store.
CVS customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share
the latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and
sales. You will be responsible for the end-to-end customer
experience in Beauty & Personal Care and will provide various paid
beauty services and personalized product advice.
Customer Sales Experience
- Seek out customers to ensure they have a world class beauty
- Provide personalized sales service based on customer needs,
productive upselling and suggestive selling.
- Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought
process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your
verbal skills to generate sales.
- Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail
with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket
- Engage all customers with CVS services, Beauty Club programs
and invite customers to in-store events and/or explain current
promotions to close the sale of products and services.
- Represent both the CVS and partner brands when interacting with
customers and uphold the highest standards of service.
- CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are required to provide
ear-piercing services in all stores. Licensed Beauty Sales
Consultants are also required to perform all other applicable
services offered in any location in which they work.
- CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants must successfully pass
assessments of proficiency before performing services in store.
- Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage
and highlighting product features and benefits to help drive
- Manage time effectively between consultations, scheduled
services and walk-in clients.
- Display current and active Cosmetology/Esthetician license
during all working hours in all locations in which they work as
mandated by the state.
- Create and maintain product displays and display special
promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local
- Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or
- Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned
area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene
standards for a positive shopping and service experience.
- Ensure that all CVS sanitation and hazardous waste disposal
policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
- Complete ongoing sales, brand, and paid service execution
training in a timely manner with CVS and service partners to ensure
knowledge and skills are modern and current.
- Maintain a professional colleague appearance in compliance with
company policies and guidelines at all times.
- Be our customer's Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of
the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty
Why You'll Love Working Here!
- Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry
through brand interaction, training and more.
- Gratis. Everyone loves free samples!
- Aspire to be one of the top Beauty Sales Consultants to earn an
invitation to the annual tradeshow. The day is full of learning,
demonstrations and surprises!
- You will be helping people on their path to better health. When
people feel good about themselves and take care of their beauty
needs, that translates to a positive impact on the rest of their
lives, and you will contribute to this impact!
- Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology/Esthetician
License in the state in which you will be working.
- Must maintain an active Cosmetology/Esthetician license at all
times in the state you are employed and ensure it is present and
displayed during working hours at your work site(s) as mandated by
- CVS Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants must demonstrate the
ability and willingness to perform ear-piercing services in all
stores. Licensed Beauty Sales Consultants are also required to
perform all other services offered in any location in which they
- Must pass all required skills assessments and training courses
to fully execute paid service options offered in the store
locations in which you work.
- Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet
sales and beauty service goals
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication
- Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and
quickly learning new procedures.
- Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs
and events as needed.
- Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include
mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and "Peak" Hours
- Nevada Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant applicants must provide
confirmation of a MAKEUP ARTIST REGISTRATION/ THREADER REGISTRATION
issued from the state of Nevada.
- In specific CVS stores, we require bi-lingual beauty advisors
that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable
under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable
accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious
belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least
one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to
provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days
of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be
required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the
first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may
be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can
begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your
COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your
employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical
condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a
reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your
employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part
of this process, you will be required to provide information or
documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some
states and roles, you may be required to have an approved
reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If
your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your
employment may be terminated.
- Prior beauty sales experience with a strong passion for
- Stand for extended periods of time and move throughout the
store in order to provide excellent customer service, including
providing services and beauty consulting, and perform other task
work such as stocking and facing product displays and updating
- Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp
objects, including objects on lower shelves.
- Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair
styling, makeup applications, ear piercing).
- Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on
their path to better health. We are working to transform health
care through innovations that make quality care more accessible,
easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together
and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new
approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion
and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting,
hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or
protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic
prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly
support and encourage people with military experience (active,
veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military
spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Keywords: CVS Health Retail, Aliso Viejo , Licensed Beauty Sales Consultant, Sales , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!