Pharmacy Technician (Per Diem)
Company: Aliso Ridge Behavioral Health
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*POSITION TITLE: * Pharmacy Tech
*REPORTS TO (TITLE): *Regional Pharmacy Director
*EMPLOYEE PAY STATUS: * Non-Exempt
*DESCRIPTION OF POSITION: *
Pharmacy Technicians, under supervision of pharmacist, are
responsible for ensuring the availability of medication and
delivering medications to the right patients and departments.
* Supporting pharmacological services by assembling, stocking and
* Maintaining records by recording and filing the prescriptions and
orders of Physicians.
* Sorting, stocking and labeling medications and monitoring
* Responding to the requests of patients and healthcare providers,
answering their questions and referring various inquiries to the
* Complying with rules, regulations and procedures to help maintain
a clean and safe pharmacy.
* Processing prescriptions electronically and ensuring all
information is accurate and complete.
* Generating revenues by recording, calculating and issuing
* Undertaking administrative tasks such as record-keeping as
assigned by a Physician or facility manager from time to time.
*MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: *
*Education and Licensing: *
* High School Diploma or above, preferred.
* Pharmacy Technician Certification required and maintain
*Knowledge and Experience: *
* One-year inpatient pharmacy technician experience, including
experience with automated dispensing systems such as Pyxis,
* Preference to those with Best Care experience.
* Preference to technicians who are certified (APha or equivalent)
* Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) within sixty (60) days of
*Skills and Abilities: *
* Supply and inventory management skills.
* Attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Ability to create a safe and productive environment.
* Exemplary customer service skills.
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Dependable team player.
* Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following:
* Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
* Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
* Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to
detail and accuracy.
* Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions;
interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect,
interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
* Vision: see details of objects at close range.
* Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
* Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
* Lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $28.29 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Aliso Ridge Behavioral Health, Aliso Viejo , Pharmacy Technician (Per Diem), Professions , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!