Sr. Business System Analyst
Company: Ambry Genetics
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: June 21, 2022
JOB TITLE: Sr. Business Systems AnalystDEPARTMENT: IT-DevREPORTS
TO TITLE: Manager, BSALocation: Remote (**California Based
Candidates Only**) I. Job Overview: As a senior level Business
Systems Analyst working with the IT Delivery organization at Ambry
Genetics, you will analyze and define system requirements to
support the software products in the clinical genetics domain area.
The Sr. BSA will oversee the software enhancements through the
entire SDLC, from discovery, design, development, and validation.
The Sr. BSA is responsible for communicating technical and
functional requirements with stakeholders and users, creating JIRA
tickets detailing requirements for the Engineering team, creating
timelines for deliverables, and reporting project status updates
upon request. At Ambry Genetics, you will have the opportunity to
create innovative solutions and leverage the latest technologies to
make our diagnostics-testing even better. The ideal candidate
should have combined knowledge of both the business and technical
environments. Knowledge of the genetics, genetic testing, and/or
healthcare industry nice to have and a sense of humor is a must.II.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate functional requirements with stakeholders and
internal scrum team.
- Collect, synthesize, and document requirements following
standards to ensure clear communication with business stakeholders
and IT internal stakeholders, such as the scrum team.
- Report project status updates to PMO to help senior leadership
understand current state, next steps, and project timelines.
- Work with Technical Leads to develop solutions that align with
defined business logic, goals, and objectives, and determine the
technical and operational feasibility of said solution and
- Identify technical constrains to the proposed software
- Identify and report impact of proposed software solution on
other systems and workflows.
- Develop diagrams and flowcharts to assist development team in
their understanding of the software development solution.
- Ensure requirements are understood and approved by
- Work with QA to develop test plans.
- Create acceptance criteria, and training material for end
- Work with QAs to test and validate developed features against
requirements and coordinate end user validation.
- Coordinate change control protocols that ensure the business
approval of production deployments.
- Become subject matter expert for the software products
- Leading the team by providing requirement guidance, driving the
business initiatives and overseeing the team to ensure business
asks are completed on time with expected quality.III. MANAGERIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES:No official managerial responsibilities but expect
to perform some team lead role by training and providing guidance
to the lower level BSAs. IV. EDUCATION and Knowledge: - Bachelor or
advanced degree in Computer Science (or similar relevant
specialization) or equivalent professional experience.V. TECHNICAL
COMPETENCIES:- Professional knowledge and experience using JIRA-
Strong verbal and written skills- Experience facilitating project
meetings, requirements gathering and follow-ups- Knowledge in the
SDLC- Knowledge in AGILE and SCRUM methodologies- Knowledge
gathering requirements and documenting Use Cases
- 6+ years of business analysis experience with software
- Scrum master experience preferred
- Project Manager experience is nice to have
- Some level of technical knowledge is nice to have, such as
database, programming language, SQL, etc.
Keywords: Ambry Genetics, Aliso Viejo , Sr. Business System Analyst, Professions , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!