Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
Company: American Addiction Centers
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Company SummaryIf you are searching for a fulfilling place to
develop your career and an opportunity to make a difference in
helping others, then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a
progressive culture; we listen to your ideas, value a work/life
balance, invest in education, and we foster trust and respect for
all individuals. Our exceptional comp and strong benefits include
company matching 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
We are looking for our future leaders, who are not only going to
fill the qualifications for this job description, but who are going
to exceed expectations. Be a part of a team whose mission is to
provide quality, compassionate, and innovative care to adults
struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Our purpose and passion are to empower patients, their families,
and our communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and
optimal wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.Duties and
Responsibilities: to include but not limited to the following:
- Follow Physician instructions on detox protocol and
- Monitor Clients physical and emotional well-bing. Vital Signs
checked every 4 hours (the first 24 hours , vitals should be
checked every 2 hours or per MD order.
- Monitor client's vital signs for withdrawal
- Write notes and reports, as protocol and procedures
- Document and report on client's status to team members.
- Complete transcriptions of doctor's orders pertaining to
modified detox protocol.
- Assist clients with all medications via administration
monitoring and /or administer medications as directed by the
appropriate or assigned health care professional (i.e. Medical
Director , Doctor, RN, etc.)
- Assist clients with personal hygiene.
- Attend job-related meetings, in-service trainings, staff
development training, participates in team problem solving methods,
building rapport, responds to request, and maintains a cooperative
relation among the health care team by communicating
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory levels, anticipating needing supplies, and
placing orders for supplies.
- Other duties, as assigned.Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Current LVN license in State of operations required or LPT
license in State of operations.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Two years of experience as an LVN or in a health-related field
- Knowledge of basic principles, practices and techniques of drug
and alcohol intervention.
- Knowledge of medications effects, indications, and
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write
clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to
questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Candidates in recovery must have 2+ years of sobriety.AAC is
committed to principles of equal opportunities for all employees.
The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that are
necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
discrimination laws.Job ID: 2021-5036 External Company Name:
American Addiction Centers External Company URL:
http://contactaac.com Street: 24552 Pacific Park Drive
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Aliso Viejo , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) / Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT), Professions , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!