Game Evaluation Analyst (Contract)
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: January 8, 2021
WHY JOIN THE BUSINESS SERVICES TEAM?
- You are passionate about helping find unique products in
today's market. We're always looking for new and exciting projects
for today's market, whether they're from an internal team or from a
3rd party development partner.
- You are a data junkie who enjoys the numbers behind the games
as much as you like playing them. We feel that decisions for our
business need to be informed by data, whenever possible. We use
high quality market data combined with game development knowledge
and experience to provide our analyses.
- You like analyzing what makes combat mechanics or content flow
fun. Combat models, reward mechanisms, social features, and other
features developed for today's audiences are as critical for
product success than the business model the title uses.
- You enjoy having the capability to influence company and/or
product direction. We provide our analyses to development,
publishing, and corporate teams and work together on our products
and opportunities to help shape the future of NCSOFT.This is a
8-month fixed term contract position onsite at our office in Aliso
Viejo, CA.WHAT YOU'LL DOAs Game Evaluation Analyst, you will assist
with the creation of detailed analyses on game features and content
for NCSOFT's business, operations, publishing, and product teams.
- Extensive playtest and review of products in development, games
submitted for evaluation, and competitor games across a variety of
platform and genres.
- Prepare product and feature datasets for use in evaluation
reports that assess a game's design, feature set and mechanics,
art, economy, audience (and more) for distribution to executive and
product team stakeholders.
- Participate in internal product playtests and collect feedback
which is distributed to the organization.
- Analyze, compare, and contrast datasets or game feature design
from internal products against competitor titles.WHAT YOU'LL NEED
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 1+ years' experience in game development, game journalism,
and/or data analytics
- Strong gaming experience across multiple platforms (mobile,
handheld, PC, and console) and genres
- Creative thinker with excellent data-driven approach
- Ability to present complex findings or datasets to varied
groups in a digestible format
- Experience working with multi-functional and/or multi-project
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field is preferredNICE TO
- Experience working with data using SQL
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau,
- Gameplay experience with NCSOFT games, products, and
- Monetization systems or business model development
experienceWhen applying, we recommend you provide a list of the
games you have been playing recently with commentary on the games
you have enjoyed.This is a 8-month fixed term contract position
onsite at our office in Aliso Viejo, CA.
Keywords: NCSOFT, Aliso Viejo , Game Evaluation Analyst (Contract), Professions , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!