Game Evaluation Analyst (Contract)
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 4, 2020
WHO WE ARE
NCSOFT is a premiere digital entertainment company and global
publisher with worldwide locations and more than 4,000 employees
focused on bringing extraordinary games to life for millions of
fans around the world. Established in 1997 and headquartered in
Seoul, South Korea, we quickly became a key leader in online games.
Best known for critically acclaimed franchises including Lineage,
Aion, Guild Wars, and Blade & Soul, NCSOFT is also one of the
world's top mobile developers with Lineage 2M occupying the #1
grossing revenue slot on Google Play. Our core goal is making
people in this world happier by delivering games that entertain a
globally connected audience has remained the same. Our culture is
innovative, creative, collaborative and impactful, and we are
passionate about creating the best gaming experiences for our
WHY JOIN THE BUSINESS SERVICES TEAM?
- You are passionate about helping find unique products in
today's market. We're always looking for new and exciting projects
for today's market, whether they're from an internal team or from a
3rd party development partner.
- You are a data junkie who enjoys the numbers behind the games
as much as you like playing them. We feel that decisions for our
business need to be informed by data, whenever possible. We use
high quality market data combined with game development knowledge
and experience to provide our analyses.
- You like analyzing what makes combat mechanics or content flow
fun. Combat models, reward mechanisms, social features, and other
features developed for today's audiences are as critical for
product success than the business model the title uses.
- You enjoy having the capability to influence company and/or
product direction. We provide our analyses to development,
publishing, and corporate teams and work together on our products
and opportunities to help shape the future of NCSOFT.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As Game Evaluation Analyst, you will assist with the creation of
detailed analyses on game features and content for NCSOFT's
business, operations, publishing, and product teams.
- Extensive playtest and review of products in development, games
submitted for evaluation, and competitor games across a variety of
platform and genres.
- Prepare product and feature datasets for use in evaluation
reports that assess a game's design, feature set and mechanics,
art, economy, audience (and more) for distribution to executive and
product team stakeholders.
- Participate in internal product playtests and collect feedback
which is distributed to the organization.
- Analyze, compare, and contrast datasets or game feature design
from internal products against competitor titles.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 1+ years' experience in game development, game journalism,
and/or data analytics
- Strong gaming experience across multiple platforms (mobile,
handheld, PC, and console) and genres
- Creative thinker with excellent data-driven approach
- Ability to present complex findings or datasets to varied
groups in a digestible format
- Experience working with multi-functional and/or multi-project
- Post-secondary degree in a relevant field is preferred
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working with data using SQL
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau,
- Gameplay experience with NCSOFT games, products, and
- Monetization systems or business model development
When applying, we recommend you provide a list of the games you
have been playing recently with commentary on the games you have
This is a 12-month fixed term contract position onsite at our
office in Aliso Viejo, CA.
Keywords: NCSOFT, Aliso Viejo , Game Evaluation Analyst (Contract), Professions , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!