Company: Shea Properties
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Shea Properties - Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are
interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate.
With a portfolio that includes 10,000 apartment units and 6 million
square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and
Washington-and an amazing pipeline of future projects-Shea
Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the
collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our
leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea's
Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork
and Competitive Spirit.
The Leasing Specialist (Consultant) is responsible for presenting
and leasing a community to prospective residents, leasing
apartments, providing customer service, renewals, and participating
in the marketing of the community. The Leasing Specialist works in
conjunction with the property management team to achieve the
leasing goals established for the property as well as the goals of
Shea Properties. The pay range for this position is $20.00 -
$22.00.hour. The Leasing Specialist is also eligible to participate
in the Office Sales Bonus, Club Shea Program and the discretionary
annual bonus plan. JF Shea offers a competitive benefit package
including PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, dental, vision,
401K, disability, life insurance, 25% discounted apartment (based
on availability) and cell phone allowance.
- Participates in lineup every morning.
- Opens and inspects the models and the market "ready" vacants
daily to ensure they are presentable in accordance to established
standards. Ensures leasing center is open and ready for business on
time each day. Maintains office presentation in a professional
manner. Assists with closing and securing the office and models
- Answers telephone and email leads by responding to leasing
- Responds to all Vaultware, PopCard and internet leads on a
- Writes and posts a minimum of three Craigslist ads daily and
possibly more if directed by Supervisor to do so.
- Must follow Yieldstar pricing procedures as directed by
- Greets and presents property to prospective residents through
personalized tours. Gathers information regarding needs, and
qualification of prospective resident. Conducts follow-up with
- Leases apartments by actively marketing and promoting the
- Responsible for accurately and timely Yardi input for all
telephone, email and walk-in traffic. Also responsible for
inputting rentals and cancellations.
- Compiles welcome paperwork with lease, associated addendums and
forms in compliance with policies and procedures. Establishes
move-in appointments for reviewing the lease and lease documents
with new residents.
- Upon move-in, completes a thorough walk through of apartment
and community amenities with the new residents.
- Gathers competitive market information weekly/monthly through
telephone calls, internet research and site visits.
- Prepares routine reports (weekly and quarterly market survey)
and shares information with on-site management team. Shops the
competition to compare sales technique, pricing strategy and
- Works with the team assigned to ensures all information is
input into Yardi by the close of each business day.
- Champions their individual Leasing Fundamentals
- Assists in maintaining an accurate and current priority wait
list and assures all prospects are kept in constant communication
with leasing availability.
- Provides customer service per Shea core values and customer
care service standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle resident concerns and direct
them to the ACM and CM when appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Six months sales and/or customer service experience
- Apartment leasing experience preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Yardi preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Time management and organization skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or some college preferred.
The Leasing Specialist works on-site at an apartment community and
interfaces with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors
on a regular basis.The position work schedule varies depending on
the property.Hours are usually scheduled from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.The
position is required to work weekend days (Sat/Sun).However, the
Leasing Specialist should be flexible with availability depending
on the needs of the property. Must be able and willing to travel,
if needed, 10-25% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms,
stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a telephone and personal
computer.May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Must
be able to occasionally drive during the course of work.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other
eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: Shea Properties, Aliso Viejo , Leasing Specialist, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!