Client Service Executive
Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Client Service Executive
Department: Employee Health & Benefits
Responsible for retention of existing business and the development
of business within those assigned accounts. Client Service
Executive associates act as a leader for the Client Service Team
members to include Benefit Analysts and Client Managers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Oversee ongoing client service activities.
- Meet with the client throughout the year to ensure a high level
of service and that client expectations are met.
- Responsible for meeting business retention goals.
- Participate in development of new business with existing
clients by rounding out programs with additional and/or increased
lines of coverage.
- Develop strong business relationships and client trust.
- Ensure client compliance with annual Form 5500 filing
procedures as applicable.
- Advise Client Service Team, if needed, in resolving routine
client concerns. Investigate any reoccurring and non-routine client
and carrier concerns and bring to a successful resolution.
Manage the renewal of existing plans.
- Coordinate coverage placement through instructions provided to
Client Service Team.
- Provide direction to Client Service Team in the preparation of
employee communication materials.
- Advise, inform and involve Client Sales Executive as required
in marketing process.
- Prepare and present renewal outcomes to the client in a timely
- Recommend improvements based on changing employee benefit
legislation, suggest strategies to address client concerns, and
provide resolutions if discrepancies, errors or inconsistencies are
contained within the information.
- Conduct employee meetings to communicate benefit options as
- Responsible for reviewing contracts, plan documents, Summary
Plan Descriptions and other legal documents for accuracy and
ensuring all material is sent to client in a timely manner.
Act as a leader for Client Service Team members.
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication,
and cohesive team effort.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration when faced with
- Focus the team on client requirements, familiarizing them with
client specifications, work procedures and processes, quality
standards, techniques and tools to support performance.
- Provide necessary business information to enhance the team's
- Ensure deliverables satisfy client requirements, cost and
- Work closely with Director of Employee Health & Benefits
Division, Benefits Service Manager and Director of Operations to
obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements,
discuss project impediments, and to escalate issues which cannot be
resolved by the team.
- Prepare quarterly production and activity reports.
- Ensure good file maintenance with documentation of account
issues and maintenance of the Agency Management System.
- Establish and consistently maintain effective and positive
working relationships with Associates and clients.
Education and/or Experience
- A minimum of seven to ten years' experience servicing large
client group (50+ lives) health and benefit products.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Professional history must show increasing levels responsibility
directly related to the performance of the above duties.
- Strong familiarity with the Employee Health & Benefits
marketplace to include unique business industry needs, educational
and professional development associations, carriers, and other
- Current technical knowledge and understanding of Employee
Benefit federal and state legislation.
- Ability to make independent decisions and use good judgment in
addressing and servicing client needs.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide
non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and
present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and
- Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in
California and meet the continuing education requirements. If
involved in the sale of Long Term Care, the individual must
maintain the proper certification through continuing
- Maintain a valid California driver's license and dependable
- Must have knowledge of personal computing with the ability and
willingness to learn and use all computer programs as required.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary
position for extended periods as well as the use of office
equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones. Work is
performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Travel to client sites is required. Usually travel is within
driving distance, but may occasionally consist of 2 - 5 night stay
out of town
- Extended work hours (10 - 12 hrs/day) required on occasion to
attend and participate in networking and industry functions that
begin before the workday, and may extend into the evening.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $81,300 to
$173,300. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such
as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and
education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In
addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which
includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K
savings and other retirement programs as well as employee
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and
clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare,
tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic
partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups,
volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information
about our company, please visit us at:
Keywords: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., Aliso Viejo , Client Service Executive, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...