Associate Accounts Receivable Representative
Company: SCA Health
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Category: CorporateOverviewToday, SCA Health has grown to 11,000
teammates who care for 1 million patients each year and support
physician specialists holistically in many aspects of patient care.
Together, our teammates create value in specialty care by aligning
physicians, health plans and health systems around a common goal:
delivering on the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a
better experience for patients and providers, all at a lower total
cost of care. As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated
care delivery system that enables us to support our partners as
they navigate a complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has
a dynamic group of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that
allows us to customize solutions, no matter the need or
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated
ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through
our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy
predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical
procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines. The
new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
going-and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
ResponsibilitiesThe Associate Accounts Receivable Representative
will work in the Accounts Receivable, or A/R department, within our
regional business office and will be responsible for thorough and
timely patient account follow up to ensure accurate accounts
receivable reporting; following up with insurance companies and/or
third party payers to ensure payments by primary and secondary
payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate and timely. This role
is a vital position in the revenue cycle process. The 'A/R Rep'
will function within the Center's policies and procedures, support
SCA Values, SCA Vision and SCA Mission. In return, we offer a great
benefits package including health and dental insurance options,
PTO, 401K, and more. All of which begin on your first day of
employment. Specifically, you will work in the Accounts Receivable,
or A/R department, within our regional business office and will be
responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up to
ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting; following up with
insurance companies and/or third party payers to ensure payments by
primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay patients are accurate
and timely.You will:
- Ensure payments by primary and secondary payers and/or self-pay
patients are accurate
- Responsible for thorough and timely patient account follow up
to ensure accurate accounts receivable reporting
- Accurate and timely follow up and resolution for all accounts
- Meeting and maintaining cash collection metrics and goals
- Effectively and independently handles second level
reimbursement issues, contracted and non-contracted denials for
serviced before and after procedures
- This is a fast-paced environment, which requires attention to
detail, accountability, teamwork, and professional behavior and a
focus that extends to patients, clients and other departments.
- Works closely with payer provider relations
- Contacting insurance companies by email and/or phone to collect
- Handles contracted and non-contracted; HMO, PPO, EPO, POS,
Worker's Com., self-pay and third-party reimbursement issues.
- Works all denials and corrected claims collaborating with the
biller and/or Business Office Manager, insurance payers and/or
patients on past due accounts
- Primary functions are credit balance management, patient
balance resolution and non-patient (insurance) resolution
- Work closely with insurance companies and third-party payers to
collect revenue for surgical services performed.
- This role is primarily focused on collecting payments from
insurance companies as opposed from collecting from
self-payers/individuals. QualificationsRequirements for our roles:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Denials and appeals experience
- Familiarity with EOB and reading medical policies from
- Healthcare experience PI206884969
Keywords: SCA Health, Aliso Viejo , Associate Accounts Receivable Representative, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...