Cloud Data Architect
Company: Vertos Medical
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Cloud Data Architect
Aliso Viejo, CA
# of Openings:
Cloud Data Architect
Responsible and accountable for the overall design, development,
delivery, maintenance, continuity, and support of the data
warehouse roadmap and all supporting integrations. Additionally,
works across business teams to build and maintain ETL (extract,
transform, load) and enable data visualization in Tableau.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Design and build data warehouse solutions for cloud-native SaaS
applications like Salesforce, NetSuite, Anaplan, Paycor,
- Responsible for database design and architecture, data
modeling, data mapping and conversion, data load, and creating
packages for data migration and transformation.
- Support the data warehouse for easy data visualization in
Tableau and similar programs.
- Work with technical and end users to understand business
requirements and identify data warehouse solutions.
- Develop a data governance strategy.
- In-depth expertise with data security, storage solutions,
database visualization and replication as well as technical tools
- Coordinate and facilitate change management aspect of new
features including code deployment and application training to all
- Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by
on-the-job training, attending educational workshops, reviewing
professional publications, establishing personal networks, and
participating in professional societies.
- Support compliance with the company quality standards, FDA
regulations and guidance, applicable EU Medical Device directives,
applicable ISO standards, and other pertinent country specific
medical regulatory requirements.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related
technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of five years' experience implementing foundational
data architectures in a cloud-native environment.
- Hands-on experience with cloud data warehouse solutions such as
Snowflake, AWS Redshift or Oracle Autonomous.
- Experienced in analyzing functional and non-functional business
requirements and converting them to technical data
- Experience with ingesting data from cloud-native SaaS
application like NetSuite and Salesforce.
- Experience building relationships with vendors and managing
them throughout projects.
- Certification in Amazon RedShift, Snowflake or other data
SKILLS, ABILITIES, and CHARACTERISTICS
- Highly motivated; a self-starter with the ability to motivate
and influence others on and off the team, fostering strong
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented, highly collaborative, and persistent in the
face of obstacles or challenges.
- Independent, self-motivated, team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple
priorities and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Tech savvy: proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and in
mobile/cloud resources including CRM software (preferably
Salesforce) and ERP software (preferably NetSuite); comfortable
learning new technical systems as needed such as Box, Zoom, Slack,
Smartsheet, and Concur.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSWORK ENVIRONMENT
- Travel (Distributed Workforce) - Approximately 5% of time will
be spent traveling for team meetings, conferences, or meetings,
- Physical Demand - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit for extended
periods of time. Physical effort required by handling objects of 25
pounds or more occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer. The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Mental Demand - Moderate to high degree of concentration due to
volume, complexity, and/or "pressure" of work. Ability to make
critical thinking skills decisions under pressure.
- Work Environment -
- Work in a virtual and remote environment as necessary.
- When working in a home office environment, a dedicated office
with minimal distractions which assures maximum privacy of computer
screens to protect confidential and sensitive information is
required; highspeed internet connectivity is required to work
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of all employees assigned to this position. Nothing in
this job description restricts management's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
In addition to offering a great culture and work environment,
Vertos also offers the following benefits:
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life & AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) with employer contribution
Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Jury/Witness Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Parental Leave Salary Continuation
- Short-Term Disability Salary Continuation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and
- Access to BenefitHUB discounts for 200,000 + vendors
Pay Range: $145,000 - $180,000 per year
Apply for this Position
Keywords: Vertos Medical, Aliso Viejo , Cloud Data Architect, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!