Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 24, 2022
NeoGenomics LaboratoriesAre you motivated to participate in a
dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company
that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you
can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn?
Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.We
believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not
only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many
training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have
highly competitive benefits with HMO and PPO options. We have
company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program.
We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even
start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We
offer wellness courses and have engaged employee resource groups.
Come join the Neo team and be part of our outstanding World Class
Culture!NeoGenomics is looking for aScientistwithin the Pharma
department in our Aliso Viejo CA, location who wants to continue to
learn in order to allow our company to grow.Now that you know what
we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work
at NeoGenomics:As an employer, we promise to provide you with a
purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save
lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you
perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer
reference laboratory.Summary:The Scientist works under supervision
and is responsible for conducting scientific experiments / process
leading to the successful completion of client projects and company
projects including the development of high value, proprietary
research or diagnostic products, new methods and technology
development. The Scientist provides accurate and pertinent
scientific data according to agreed methods, procedures, and
techniques within the established project schedules.This role may
include the disciplines of biology, bioinformatics, engineering,
software development, and other technical disciplines.This is the
entry level in Scientist job category. Employees in this position
may perform a full range of laboratory testing and diagnostic
procedures, including Molecular, IHC, Flow Cytometry, MultiOmyx,
FISH and Cytogenetics.Responsibilities:Core Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision designs and executes applications
within the modality areas.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all Core Responsibilities of an
- Consistently and independently performs the more complex level
of procedures and projects.
- Provides technical guidance, mentors and directs laboratory
technologists and associates in performing project
- Represents the department in a diverse range of settings,
including with other departments, clients, audits, vendors,
- Performs the literature review, assists with technical design
of new project/product developments.
- Leads project design and feasibility studies.
- Analyzes and presents data to management team.
- Provides support to research collaborations, clinical trials
and other department projects.
- Prepares high quality technical reports (including validation,
verification, final project) and documentation including
posters/papers, client presentations and technical content for
- Assist with departmental budgeting and/or administrative
- Must be familiar with CAP/CLIA requirements and knowledgeable
with the specialty requirements within those
organizations.Additional Responsibilities (may be assigned):Project
- Drives all aspects of the project management process from
initiation, planning, execution, control and closure.Manages all
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project timelines for
each project, and uses these timelines to track and manage a
- Responsible for periodic (weekly, or as needed) product
development team meetings.
- Reviews study metrics for performance and quality with the team
- Works with external and internal teams to ensure that sample
acquisition; data collection and distribution of samples to the
teams support the R&D activities and deliverables.
- Ensures all groups provide deliverables.Informs all groups of
deliverables and timeline, project developments and insures
completion according to timelines.
- Assists R&D team with preparation or review of new research
protocols, data reports, and protocol revisions.
- Prepares high-quality reports (financial, project, etc.) for
management on program status and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager or Director of
Operations as needed.Position Objectives:
- Achieves desired level of competency and accuracy for the main
department processes and responsibilities of assigned position, as
defined in established SOP's, within 6 months.
- Completes project goals within established guidelines.
- Reports quality results with limited errors.
- Works productively and efficiently to achieve company and
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
- Adheres to NeoGenomics Laboratories core values, safety,
compliance, and Company policies and procedures.Education:B.S or
Masters in a life, physical or computer science with related
experience. Ph.D. in a life, physical or computer science
preferred.Experience:Experience is based on educational
requirements. All levels require 2+ years of Flow Cytometry
experience.Scientist I: 6+ years of experience with B.S. or
M.S./M.A. with 0-4 years of experience.Scientist II: 8+ years of
experience with B.S. or M.S./M.A. with 4+ years of experience or
Ph.D. with 0-2 years of experience.Scientist III: 10+ years of
experience with a B.S. degree or M.S./M.A. with 6+ years of
experience or Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience.Qualification
- Solid understanding of laboratory and/or analytical
- Assay Development and validation, Flow Cytometer Fortessa and
- Ability to develop and deliver complex directions and
scientific project plans.
- Detail oriented with ability to capture and record complex
scientific data accurately and reliably.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills and the
ability to use software tools to produce high impact presentations
- Ability to problem solve independently and escalate problems
appropriately in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
and maintain production and quality standards.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory environment and comply
with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety
- Good visual acuity including color perception required for
certain departments.Certificate Compliance Requirements:California
General Clinical Laboratory Scientist license preferred, though not
requiredTravel Required:Limited, occasional conference attendance
and client visits
Keywords: NeoGenomics, Aliso Viejo , Scientist, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!