Company: NeoGenomics Laboratories
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking
environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its
employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills
while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you
to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not
only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many
training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have
highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We
have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase
Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and
even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus
holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged
employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our
amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics has an opening for a Corporate Controller who wants to
continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you
why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven
mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by
improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform.
Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference
This position will report into the Chief Accounting Officer and
regularly interact with the Chief Financial Officer and the
executive leadership team and manage a team of strong and motivated
accounting and finance professionals. The Corporate Controller is
responsible for managing multiple facets of the organization's
accounting function, including management of the General
Accounting, Technical Accounting, Cost Accounting, Payroll,
Accounts Payable, Revenue and Accounts Receivable teams, management
of the financial close process, and regulatory compliance with
accounting standards and practices. The position will interface
regularly with senior management team members, external auditors
and the Audit Committee.
* Oversees an accurate and timely month-end, quarter end and annual
financial close processes in compliance with generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP) and company procedures, as well as
pending or proposed changes in GAAP.
* Assists with preparation of financial reporting packages
including distribution of responsibilities and review of work.
* Responsible for management of accounting teams, including general
accounting, technical accounting, revenue, accounts receivable,
accounts payable, payroll and cost accounting.
* Responsible for management of the payroll function, including
oversight of accuracy and completeness of payroll processing.
* Oversees the preparation of accounting policies and
* Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies and
procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
* Monitors regulatory and accounting pronouncements that will
affect the Company's financial reporting requirements. Assists with
the assessment of impact and implementation of new and existing
standards including preparation and review of technical accounting
* Oversees the internal and external audit processes, including
quarterly reviews and the year-end audit of the financial
* Interacts with cross-functional teams to resolve challenges,
drive operational improvement, and enhance financial processes.
* Works with each direct report to establish goals and objectives
for each year, and then monitor and advise on the progress to
enhance the professional development of staff
* Performs special projects designed to achieve corporate
performance objectives and respond to ad-hoc requests, including
participation in any debt, equity and M&A activities.
* Achieves desired level of competency and accuracy for the main
* Completes individual objectives assigned by the Chief Accounting
* Communicates effectively with all levels of staff.
* Effectively schedules and manages resources to meet department
* Adheres to NeoGenomics Laboratories' core values, safety and
compliance policies and procedures.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting from accredited university,
* Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
* 10+ years of accounting experience with at least 5 years of
* Public accounting experience. Big 4 preferred.
* SEC reporting experience working in publicly traded companies
* Experience in building and leading a team by delegating
responsibilities, reviewing work and developing talent.
* Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
* ERP experience (Oracle preferred)
* Strong, technical accounting skills and ability to quickly adapt,
problem solve, and determine solutions to complex accounting and
* Outstanding attention to detail.
* Self-motivated and directed.
* Executive presence.
* Exceptional learning, analytical and problem-solving skills with
the ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to
interact effectively with business partners and leaders.
Certificate Compliance Requirements
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
Keywords: NeoGenomics Laboratories, Aliso Viejo , Corporate Controller, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!