Benefit Service Associate
Company: Marsh McLennan Agency
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DEPARTMENT: EMPLOYEE HEALTH & BENEFITS
REPORTS TO: CLIENT SERVICE EXECUTIVE
Provide administrative and project support to client service teams.
This position will work with a variety of associates within a
Practice Group, and at other times will work independently on
assignments. This position prepares individuals for promotion to
the Benefit Analyst position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist client service teams with the insurance bidding and renewal
- Review census data, plan design, rate information, experience
data, & related materials to ensure that necessary and accurate
information is submitted to renew/continue the policy.
- Work with carriers to resolve discrepancies regarding missing or
inaccurate information on the submissions and communicate the
status of submissions to client service team members to ensure
marketing submissions are processed a timely manner.
- Using templates, prepare and coordinate creation of new / renewal
binders and iPad presentations, open enrollment communications, and
other client presentation materials.
- As skill and efficiency in performing the above duties develops,
work with team members to learn how to analyze coverage and premium
rate options to determine how best to meet client needs. Provide
general administrative support to client service teams.
- Upload presentations to iPads and generally maintain iPads
assigned to the Practice Group.
- Upload client data to mobile applications.
- Work with website vendors to maintain client websites.
- Create and maintain wallet ID cards as requested.
- Process Broker of Record letters internally and with
- Maintain client and carrier contacts in requested internal
- Prepare client records to be filed following policy renewals and
on an ongoing basis.
- Update and assist in maintaining agency management and filing
systems upon renewal and during special project requests.
- Coordinate open enrollment and other client communication
materials as requested.
- Research trends and update benchmarking templates as requested.
Provide general day-to-day support to clients as skill and
- Act as liaison for client to research and resolve coverage,
claim, and administrative problems.
- Escalate claim issues within the department and with our carrier
partners, using resources and knowledge of procedures.
- Recognize areas of concern and potential issues and work with
client service team to develop solutions Adhere to internal process
and procedures and keep abreast of changing regulations.
- Follow processes and procedures as outlined in the Procedure
- Attend departmental and carrier meetings to gain an understanding
of health plan types and coverage options, and learn about
changes/trends occurring in the insurance marketplace.
- Develop good relationships with others on the client service
- Share information with team members to create a network of
information within the Department.
- Attend monthly service team meetings and other meetings as
- Provide back up to other service team members as requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with
high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position
requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying
pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously,
adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent
This position interacts with and provides service to internal
associates and has contact with clients and vendors. The Benefits
Service Associate must be positive and approachable, have a
professional demeanor, and work effectively with diverse
personalities. In addition, the following is required unless
- Bachelor degree is preferred. However, a minimum 2 years'
experience working in a professional office setting providing
administrative support with a heavy emphasis on accuracy and
detailed work can be considered in lieu of college.
- Familiarity with the key features of commonly offered plan types
(i.e., HMO, PPO, CDHP-HSA) and a basic knowledge of employee
benefit insurance terminology and coverage options preferred.
- Proficiency in using the internet and Microsoft Office
applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint to
create, format and update documents, presentations, and
spreadsheets which contain tables, charts, graphs and advanced
- Above average math skills to calculate ratios, rates and
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, resolve problems, plan
appropriately and make sound decisions within the scope of job
responsibilities when there are changes in workload and when under
the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong verbal and writing skills to communicate in a concise,
logical and professional manner.
- Dependable with the self-initiative to follow through on
assignments and work productively with others in a team
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary position
for extended periods as well as the use of office equipment such as
fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work
- Occasional overtime may be required.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and
clients. Marsh McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare,
tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic
partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups,
volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information
about our company, please visit us at:
Keywords: Marsh McLennan Agency, Aliso Viejo , Benefit Service Associate, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!