Case Support Specialist I
Company: NeoGenomics Laboratories
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking
environment? Do you want to become part of a company that invests
in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your
skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we
encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
NeoGenomics is looking for a full-time Case Support Specialist who
wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
We want someone to join our organization who is dedicated to their
work and a standout colleague.
Different Schedules Available: Sun - Thu 8:30am - 5pm, Tue-Sat
9am-5:30pm, Tue - Sat 10:00am -6:30pm, Tue - Sat 7pm - 4:30 am
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you
why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
* Must either be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by
the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within
probationary period, first 90 days, or submit a NeoGenomics Medical
or Religious Exemption as a form of reasonable accommodation within
7 business days of your start date which will be required by the HR
department. If you are formally offered a position to join
NeoGenomics, at that time you may initiate the Medical or Religious
Exemption process with the Human Resource department.
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven
mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by
improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform.
Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference
As a Case Support Specialist you will be responsible for the
coordination of patient case logistics to ensure operational
turnaround times for each case are in compliance with departmental
standards and that Pathologist and client expectations are met.
This position is in charge of prioritizing, monitoring, and
following up on cases and requests throughout the day to ensure
cases are being handled in a timely fashion. If Pathologists want
add-on tests to the original you will be the contact and handler of
* Assess caseloads and distribute cases to Pathologists
* Act as liaison between the Pathology Department and other
departments (Client Services, Lab Operations, Sales, and
Marketing), providing appropriate, prompt and accurate response to
* Follow up on requests from the Pathology
* Troubleshoot missing or delayed cases and find solutions to
* Facilitate add-on test requests for
* Run and distribute query of pending unassigned cases
* Monitor and manage daily send out of consult cases to
* Facilitate report changes (amendments, addendum, corrected) for
* Using provided guidelines, capture relevant clinical information
and patient history from provided medical charts and clinical
documentation and enter into laboratory information system
* Attend department meetings and Company in-service trainings to
enhance knowledge of testing and
* File and retrieve slides on request
* Track specimens in transit and confirm arrival
* Identify and monitor STAT case
* Review global IHC and consultation cases for completeness and
* Perform QC process on incoming consult cases
* Monitor, collect, and transport cases to and from labs/path
* Organize materials for outside referrals, ensure receipt of
materials released to outside facilities
* Transcribe outside consult reports
* Administrative duties, including copying, filing, data entry,
faxing, and quality control of
* Compile and distribute office supply orders
* Comply with Company and departmental controls and standards
* May assist with developing and maintaining guidelines and
procedures (SOPS) for the
* May act as mentor and assist with the training of new employees
on departmental policies and procedures.
* Recommend process improvements and may assist with user
* Participate in special projects -- compile data,
* Participate in workflow analysis to develop procedures for the
department in conjunction with Client Services, the Laboratory and
* Other duties as assigned
Associate degree or Bachelor's degree in science field preferred.
Prior work experience will also be taken into consideration.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in the medical field or clinical
laboratory highly preferred.
* High degree of proficiency and learning agility as it relates to
databases and software applications as well as use of Microsoft
* Good typing and data entry
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including very
good writing and proofreading
* Demonstrated problem solving skills with a mindset towards
* Must be able to work in a team as well as be able to work
independently and be self-
* Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and
knowledge of use and operation of standard office
* Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision
* Familiarity with medical terminology,
* Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with
safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
* Good visual acuity including color perception required for
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Keywords: NeoGenomics Laboratories, Aliso Viejo , Case Support Specialist I, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!