Company: American Addiction Centers
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: June 6, 2021
If you are searching for a fulfilling place to develop your
career and an opportunity to make a difference in helping others,
then keep reading on. Here at AAC, we have a progressive culture;
we listen to your ideas, value a work/life balance, invest in
education, and we foster trust and respect for all individuals. Our
exceptional comp and strong benefits include company matching 401K,
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. We are looking for our
future leaders, who are not only going to fill the qualifications
for this job description, but who are going to exceed expectations.
Be a part of a team whose mission is to provide quality,
compassionate, and innovative care to adults struggling with
addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Our purpose and
passion are to empower patients, their families, and our
communities by helping individuals achieve recovery and optimal
wellness of the mind, body, and spirit.
The Treatment Advocate will observe client's daily activities
and assist in their recovery. TA will collaborate with the
Treatment team and assist with service coordination as needed for
patients. American Addiction Centers strives to ensure that all of
our patients receive the most comprehensive care to address the
issues that may impede their recovery.
Duties and Responsibilities: to include but not limited to the
- Responsible for welcoming new patients, assisting with
orientation of programming schedule and rules.
- Conduct patient belongings search when new patient
- Complete rounds and security checks.
- Participate in coordination of patient's daily schedule
including treatment meetings, behavior interventions, and overall
general observation of behavior and level of participation.
- Provide support and encouragement to patients.
- Support and encourage patient participation in group,
individual, and family counseling services.
- Support clinical services of patients as assigned by clinical
- Participate in weekly treatment team meeting and program staff
- Ensure that all documentation necessary meet contract,
licensure, accreditation and standards for services in a timely
manner following the AAC's documentation policy guidelines.
- Communicate efficiently with other departments to ensure the
best care for patient.
- Provide supportive clinical services to outpatient and
inpatient adult population.
- Identify situations which may be potentially harmful to
patients and report any patient or safety concerns to Clinical
Manager and/or CEO.
- Understand and abide by State Department standards, facility
accreditation, AAC's policy and procedures.
- Adhere to company code of ethic and maintain professional
boundaries with patients at all times.
- Respectful of patient rights as well as understanding of
patients unique recovery needs.
- Communicate with all staff, patients, and families using
excellent professional written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrate dependability and adaptability with patients and
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company
- Abide by the standards of HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- Assists in monitoring and managing patient community as a
- Intervenes in crisis situations to deescalates and resolves
- Maintain upkeep of personal professional certification and
CEU's as required by state board without lapse, holds, suspensions,
- Other task as assigned by direct supervisor within scope of
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred in Behavioral
Sciences required (social sciences, human services, counseling or
- State recognized (IC&RC) alcohol and drug certification (or
within six months of completing certification) required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a behavioral healthcare
- Knowledge of utilizing electronic health record software and
- Ability to read, write and interpret written information, type
documentation, present information to groups and participate in
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and flexible
- Valid driver license and insurable driving record (If driving a
company vehicle or if driving personal vehicle for company
business; refer to Guidelines for Driving Company Vehicles).
AAC is committed to principles of equal opportunities for all
employees. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations that
are necessary to comply with State and Federal disability
Keywords: American Addiction Centers, Aliso Viejo , Treatment Advocate, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!