PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the
Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we
launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a
global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The
PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Service Reliability Engineer
Aliso Viejo, CA
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Do you want to use transformative technologies to achieve
greater scalability and efficiencies? Do you want a career that
combines your engineering skills and your passion for video gaming?
Are you fascinated by technologies behind the Internet and cloud
computing? If so, join us!
Sony Interactive Entertainment's Cloud Gaming Engineering &
Infrastructure Division is owning the cloud gaming revolution,
putting console-quality video games on any device, from consoles
and laptops, to mobile devices and beyond. Our SREs focus on three
main things: overall ownership of production, production code
quality, and deployments. The successful candidate will be
self-directed and able to participate in the way we make decisions
at different levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service,
and provide critical feedback during different phases of the
operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W
development lifecycle, ensuring the operational readiness and
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development
and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Available to be scheduled in on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with
experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Go, Java, C++, or Rust
- In addition, experience with:
- Distributed data storage at scale (Hadoop, Ceph)
- NoSQL at scale (MongoDB clusters, sharded Redis,
- Data Aggregation technologies. (ElasticSearch, Kafka)
- Scaling and running traditional RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL) with
- Supervising & Alerting (Prometheus, Grafana), and Incident
- Virtual infrastructure and/or container hosting (deployment and
management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET
experience: a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability,
covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services,
sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or
membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers
to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples
of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the
application process or work procedures, providing documents in an
alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees
and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in
contacting us and we thank you for your interest in
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC'S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at
Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we
collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding
the personal information of all applicants to our job positions.
Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the
recruiting process, in particular the following categories.
Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social
Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing
address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with
you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you
may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military
service information, or physical or mental health information, as
well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including
your past professional experience, references; background
verification; talent management and assessment; information
regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions
of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about
your education records, such as grades and transcripts.