Company: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc.
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Department: Employee Health & Benefits
Reports To: Client Service Executive
Work directly with Client Service Team (Client Managers, Client
Executives and Principals) to provide a high level of client
support in response to routine client requests and needs, act as
liaison with carriers, and maintain client and carrier
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Support the Client Service Team with the renewal process.
- Gather client census data, current / renewal plan design and
rate information, historical claims experience data, and any
additionally related materials required to prepare RFP for client
renewals and prospective groups.
- For specifically assigned clients, provide Benefit Service
Associates with RFP information and respond to questions for
clarification if needed. For all other client RFP's, follow
processes and procedures to market clients for renewal
- Analyze market proposals received to verify benefits, premium
rates and competitiveness.
- Finalize and maintain client and carrier spreadsheets in
accordance with internal requirements and client requests.
- Prepare and coordinate materials for the enrollment process and
other formal client presentations.
- Work with carrier representatives to coordinate activity for a
smooth implementation of new plans.
- Coordinate Administrative Installation with insurance carrier
and participate in installation meetings.
- Maintain Agency Management System and the ImageRight
- Follow processes and procedures as outlined in the Procedure
- Provide day to day client service.
- Act as liaison for client to research and resolve coverage,
claim and administrative problems.
- Respond to client and carrier questions in a timely manner,
requesting assistance from others on the Client Service Team if
- Ensure the client data is accurate and current upon each
renewal and throughout the policy period.
- Prepare files and other records needed by Marsh &
- Develop good relationships with others on the Client Service
- Maintain the professional standards established by Marsh &
McLennan when working with clients.
- Provide back up to other Benefit Analysts as needed.
- Share information with Benefit Analysts and others to create a
good network of information within the Department.
- Attend monthly Analyst meetings and other meetings as
Education and/or Experience
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with
high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position
requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying
pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously,
adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent
This position interacts with and provides service to internal
associates and has contact with external vendors. The Benefits
Analyst must be positive and approachable, and work effectively
with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required
unless otherwise noted:
- Must possess a basic understanding of health and welfare plan
benefits and carriers acquired through 3 years of experience
providing group health and benefits service preferably at a
brokerage or carrier or performing in a benefit specialist role
with a Human Resource department of a large corporation.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Maintain a valid, unrestricted State of California Life &
Disability License and meet the continuing education
- Maintain a valid Driver's License and dependable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to
include professional work experience creating tables, charts,
graphs, pivot tables and formulas.
- Math skills are required to perform basic arithmetic, calculate
percentages and amounts based on a percentage
- Above average analyzing, problem solving and
planning/organizational techniques are essential.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary
position for extended periods as well as the use of office
equipment such as fax and copy machines, and telephones.
- Work is performed in a typical interior/office work
- Occasional travel to client sites may be required. Travel is
usually within driving distance.
This position is not eligible for remote work in Colorado. We
embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and
clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare,
tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic
partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups,
volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information
about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Keywords: Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., Aliso Viejo , Benefit Analyst, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!