Sr Optomechanical Engineer
Company: Island Staffing
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 3, 2020
Job Purpose Perform research, development and testing of fiber
optic devices, laser systems and single-use devices for surgical
applications. Provide in-depth knowledge of mechanical design,
optomechanics and fiber optics. Work closely with other members of
a small, interdisciplinary team developing innovative medical
devices and related technologies in a fast-paced and fun
environment. This position will require you to translate raw ideas
into high-level design concepts and prototypes. Key
- Design, assemble, align, test, and troubleshoot fiber optic and
laser delivery devices.
- Fabricate complex fiberoptic and laser connectors for single
use medical devices.
- Develop front end mechanisms and optics for coupling, interface
and control of surgical laser system.
- Work with manufacturers to define requirements for components
and subsystems and realize prototypes.
- Derive product design requirements based on top-level
requirements and user needs input.
- Medical device development activities such as prototyping and
testing, pilot builds, V&V, risk assessment, and validation of
ramp-up to production.
- Contribute to patent portfolio and strategy development.
- Identify technical, project schedule, and commercial viability
risks. Education Bachelor s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical
Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics or similar disciplines
with five or more years of relevant experience. A Master s Degree
or PhD can be substituted for relevant experience. Minimum
- Five or more years of relevant experience with mechanical
design for optical applications.
- Expertise in Mechanical Design, Optomechanics and Fiber
- Proficiency with industry standard tools and methods for
mechanical and optical systems engineering.
- Broad knowledge of optical assembly, alignment, and test
methodologies and associated equipment.
- Vendor and supplier management for optomechanical components,
complex sub-systems, or OEM.
- Hands-on experience in laboratory technical work, preferably in
lasers, photonics and optics.
- Experience in documenting technical work and results, writing
lab reports, analysis and presentation of data.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are
required. Preferred Experience
- Proficiency designing with SolidWorks and ZEMAX.
- Development of fiber optic energy delivery devices, fiber optic
probes and laser systems.
- Termination of fiber optics, connectors and ferrules for single
and multi-optic assemblies.
- Fiber optics assembly, bonding and finishing processes.
- Biomedical product or medical device development
- Optomechanical design, GD&T, tolerance analysis, design for
athermalization, bonding and assembly processes.
- Experience with Q-switched, fiber optic or other high-energy
lasers and related optical and optomechanical hardware.
- Experience with Class 3B & Class 4 lasers and related optics
for energy delivery and related single-use devices.
- Understanding of Design Controls according to ISO 13485 or 21
CFR 820. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Island Staffing, Aliso Viejo , Sr Optomechanical Engineer, Other , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!