Sr Attorney - Transactional Law
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Who we are:Born digital, UST transforms lives through the power
of technology. We walk alongside our clients and partners,
embedding innovation and agility into everything they do. We help
them create transformative experiences and human-centered solutions
for a better world.UST is a mission-driven group of over 34,000+
practical problem solvers and creative thinkers in over 30+
countries. Our entrepreneurial teams are empowered to innovate, act
nimbly, and create a lasting and sustainable impact for our
clients, their customers, and the communities in which we live.
With us, you'll create a boundless impact that transforms your
career-and the lives of people across the world.Visit us at
UST.comYou Are:UST Legal IT Contracts team is looking for a
Transactional Attorney, with extensive experience in drafting,
reviewing, and negotiating complex client-facing agreements in
different verticals, including healthcare. We are looking for an
attorney with over 10 years of in-house and law firm experience,
helping customers succeed. Sr Attorney will receive medium-complex
research assignments. May also provide direction to outside counsel
on routine matters, and supervise paralegals, attorneys, and other
legal professionals.Job Description:
- Responsible for reviewing, drafting, editing, and negotiating a
wide variety of customer-facing technology contracts, including
healthcare, products, and platforms, IT services, etc. Provide
guidance, comments, and feedback to relevant stakeholders on
various matters, including, but not limited to, master services
agreements, agreements for participation in the Company's networks
for health information, messaging and connectivity data use
agreements, technology licensing agreements, XaaS, joint research
projects and, as needed, vendor agreements for the provision of
services or equipment to the Company.
- Mitigate risk in accordance with company policy while helping
the business achieve its commercial objectives.
- Provide timely advice to different stakeholders and other
members of staff that relate to the business sector and their
products or services.
- Work closely with internal business clients in support of sales
and other stakeholders requiring assistance with contracts or other
- Responsible for ensuring that business understands risks
associated with language so they can make informed business
- Identify and provide guidance to internal stakeholders on
various business and legal issues that may affect the
- Evaluate and advise internal stakeholders to meet Company
objectives as directed by the managing attorney.
- Analyze complex legal issues, conduct legal research work, and
draft summary reports.
- Have a general understanding of Data Privacy Law issues
- Oversee outside counsel, including fees, meeting deadlines,
staying within budget, etc.
- Ability to be self-motivated, address complex or ambiguous
issues in an ethical and professional manner, handle high volumes
of work, multi-task, and re-prioritize based on evolving business
- Manage a workload that is largely diverse and complex with
minimal supervision or direction.
- Review, markup and provide legal advice for various
- Represent the Company in complex contract negotiations with
opposing outside counsel.
- Supervise junior attorneys and/or contract managers and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Consummate team player. Develop and maintain relationships with
internal stakeholders in other departments.
- Ability to quickly hit the ground running, understand the
business and legal challenges in client-facing contracts
- Liaising with senior members of staff.Knowledge Examples:
- Advanced understanding of business principles and functions in
the global technology space
- A clear understanding of legal principles regarding the
protection of intellectual property including service mark
protection and software licensing
- Minimum of 9-11 years of experience at a law firm, or within a
corporate legal department and significant experience in contracts
- Juris Doctor Degree required
- Licensed attorney with an active membership of a state
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex
matters in oral and written form
- Must have the ability to evaluate and balance legal issues with
practical business judgment
- Ability to take ownership and think critically about
- Ability to identify, assign and prioritize workloads and manage
multiple priorities tasks simultaneously while meeting tight
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage a workload that is
largely diverse and complex with minimal direct supervision or
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate complex
matters in oral and written form to different audiences
- Ability to balance legal expertise with practical business
- Ability to work in a collaborative and highly interactive
- Compliance with and enforcing company policy and processes
- Excellent computer skills MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to independently lead client-facing negotiations
(telephonic, virtual, or in-person)
- Goal-orientedWhat we believe:We're proud to embrace the same
values that have shaped UST since the beginning. Since day one,
we've been building enduring relationships and a culture of
integrity. And today, it's those same values that are inspiring us
to encourage innovation from everyone to champion diversity and
inclusion and place people at the center of everything we
do.Humility: We will listen, learn, be empathetic and help
selflessly in our interactions with everyone.Humanity: Through
business, we will better the lives of those less fortunate than
ourselves.Integrity: We honor our commitments and act with
responsibility in all our relationships.
Keywords: UST, Aliso Viejo , Sr Attorney - Transactional Law, Legal , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!