Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
Company: Sony Playstation Network
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: August 1, 2022
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play - it's also the Best
Place to Work. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in
entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and
services including PlayStation -5, PlayStation -4, PlayStation -VR,
PlayStation -Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from
PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that
empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage
everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation,
technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our
growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best
Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched
the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global
leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation
brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned
subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Aliso Viejo, CA
Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Computer
Vision Engineer/Scientist interested in pushing the limits of
science and technology within our game streaming division. This
position will work within our Data Science team and will
collaborate to develop AI solutions for our streaming technology.
As a member of our team, you will work on computer vision and image
processing projects that will go into making video smoother,
crisper and with low latency. The position is a fusion of both
production and R&D projects that ensures the work is both
challenging and fast paced.
Our ideal candidate is an accomplished engineer that is passionate
about inventing novel ways to improve video quality.
What do you know?
- Strong knowledge in low-level graphics programming (i.e.
OpenCL, CUDA, GLSL, HLSL, Vulkan)
- Experience developing solutions for embedded systems and SoCs,
big plus on low latency edge AI on a constrained environment
- Strong understanding of internals of video codecs like h.264,
- Strong proficiency in one or more object oriented languages
such as Python and C/C++
- Strong understanding of video quality metrics
- Knowledge of deep learning with special emphasis on CNNs
- Experience using machine learning frameworks including
Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-learn.
- Good knowledge of general supervised and unsupervised machine
- Proven industry experience on digital image processing
Who are you?
- You are innovative and fearless when tackling difficult
- Talented, curious, passionate and inventive in representative
- You have strong and well formed ideas that are weakly held; you
can discuss, listen and participate in a passionate debate that may
make you reconsider.
- Given context, you're capable of self-direction.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and shifting contexts.
- You enjoy exploring new technologies and taking them for a
- Advanced degree in computer science or a related field, with
focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- 5+ years of industry or research experience in (one or multiple
areas) Image/Video Processing, Computer Vision, Machine
Learning/Deep Learning, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia and Data
What will you do?
- Develop state of the art AI image improvement techniques
- Analyze system performance, improve efficiency, stability and
- Collaborate within the team across product, design, product,
infrastructure, strategy and engineering
- Build proof of concepts to test theories and use the findings
to develop a video improvement technique
- Keep up with relevant research to apply and apply it to our
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive
consideration for employment without regard to gender (including
gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race
(including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin),
religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status,
disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade
union membership or membership in any other legally protected
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and
embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records will be considered for
Keywords: Sony Playstation Network, Aliso Viejo , Sr. Computer Vision Engineer/Scientist, IT / Software / Systems , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!