Manager, Technical Sourcing
Company: PlayStation Global
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Manager, Technical Sourcing/Procurement
Aliso Viejo, CA
SIE is seeking a leader for our Technology Sourcing Team. In this
role, you will lead a group of technical sourcing professionals and
will serve as the primary partner for SIE Cloud Gaming and
Engineering Infrastructure to deliver best-in-class pricing,
quality, optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery performance.
You can distill complex issues down to their individual components
and drive them to closure creatively and efficiently. As the leader
of this business, you will be responsible for the end-to-end
ecosystem of global sourcing and procurement for this rapidly
- People Management: Lead, mentor and develop a team of
Technology Sourcing professionals (Commercial and Technical
- Develop strong working relationships across the organization to
enable alignment and impact across the business.
- Take lead Sourcing role on specific high-value, high-impact
- Contracts: Inspire team to formulate comprehensive negotiation
strategies to secure required hardware, software and services with
outstanding pricing and desirable contractual terms and conditions.
Develop approach, target and fallback positions.
- RFx Services: Ensure team is using appropriately written
mechanisms and tools such as RFI, RFQ and RFPs for high value
- Supplier Performance: Ensure that SIE is acquiring outstanding
terms and pricing from all vendor engagements, formulate supplier
quantitative measurement criteria and improve supplier performance
- Cost Modeling: Build should-cost models to ensure SIE is
receiving the best pricing for any given piece of
- Supplier selection and qualification: Lead commercial efforts
to identify, assess and qualify new suppliers and
- Technology Roadmap: Partner with SIE Engineering to review
supplier's technology and services roadmaps ensuring support for
- Preferred supplier management: Identify, qualify, and formalize
an SIE preferred supplier list. Partner with internal cross
functional teams to ensure alignment.
- Measure, report, and action cost improvement strategies such as
multi-sourcing plans, value engineering initiatives, etc.
- Scorecard Management: Lead the team in measuring supplier
performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance.
Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Supply continuity: Specifically ensuring that the appropriate
level of risk mitigation is applied to guarantee magnificent
- Occasional travel
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in technical or business-related
- Solid understanding of server, storage, and networking hardware
- 7+ years of data center hardware sourcing experience, including
background in server/storage hardware product life cycle (product
development and NPI through EOL), negotiation of price and terms,
developing and implementing cost models where needed, and supplier
- Management experience including demonstrated leadership in
growing and developing teams, driving supplier performance
improvement, crafting a vision and following through with strategy
and execution in the data center technology space.
- Confirmed history of using creative solutions to solve
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we
push the boundaries of what's possible! And we invite you to use
your skills, time, and passion on projects that are building the
future. We're looking for people who want to make a difference,
love working with creative, resourceful, and collaborative
teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we
want to hear from you! Come help us build an extraordinary cloud
platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to
millions of players.
Keywords: PlayStation Global, Aliso Viejo , Manager, Technical Sourcing, IT / Software / Systems , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!