Company: Moulton Niguel Water District
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Summary The District is seeking qualified candidates for a
temporary part-time Customer Service Field Technician. Please note
that all temporary positions are authorized to work a maximum of
960 hours per fiscal year (July 1 to June 30). Under the direction
of the Superintendent of Operations, and the supervision of the
Customer Service Field Supervisor, performs field duties related to
customer service such as meter reading, maintenance and
replacement. This is the entry-level classification in the job
series. Incumbents work under close supervision as they learn and
perform a limited range of tasks. Familiarization with the
District's facilities, policies and procedures is required at this
level. As an entry-level classification, this is a fantastic
opportunity for those seeking to begin a career in water. At
Moulton Niguel we strive to engage, educate, and empower the next
generation of water professionals through our Future Leaders of
Water (FLOW) Initiative. The FLOW Initiative encourages future
talent to consider water as a career and equip those already in the
industry with the leadership skills necessary to maintain our safe
water supply and make it sustainable. Please see our FLOW Intiative
video below: Essential Functions The duties listed below are
intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that
may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude
them from the position.
- Ability to follow meter reading routes according to schedule,
utilizing district meter reading equipment; must have the
competence to download and upload meter reading data; perform meter
maintenance as needed.
- Ability to create work orders and navigate the District's
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools safely.
- Hand delivers notices to residences regarding delinquent
payments, overdue application cards, and/or checks returned due to
insufficient funds; turn off water meters for non-payment on "seal
- Participate in the District's meter change out project; install
and replace 5/8" through 10" water meters.
- Accountable for maintenance of tools and supplies assigned to
truck; assure that the vehicle is equipped on a daily basis with
equipment needed for assigned tasks.
- Respond to emergencies during and after work hours consistent
with the Incident Command System (ICS), Standardized Emergency
Management System (SEMS), and National Incident Management Systems
- Ability to successfully accomplish standard operating
procedures as assigned by Supervisor.
- Work varying shifts, nights, weekends, holidays, overtime, and
respond to call backs.
- Ability to install and maintain meter reading systems including
AMR and AMI systems.
- Assist with hose-to-hose connections and minor waterline
repairs; assist in contacting customers on routine shutdowns and
maintain contact with Customer Account staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications One single
guiding principle in every search for new Moulton Niguel Water
District team members is identifying those applicants that are
humble, motivated, and hard-working. Moulton Niguel expects new
team members to uphold its workplace culture of an environment in
which all employees interact with co-workers, supervisors, and the
public in a positive, cooperative, and supportive manner. Any
combination of education and experience that would likely provide
the required knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) may be
qualifying. A typical way to obtain the KSAs is:
- High school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license
and a safe driving record.
- Possession of California State Water Resources Control Board
(SWRCB) Water Distribution Grade D1 Certificate, or have the
ability to obtain within 18 months of job placement.
- Prior work experience or mechanical aptitude in a position
requiring the application of skills necessary to perform the above
- Ability to take direction and follow through on one's own to
complete assigned duties. Physical Qualifications Position requires
the ability to work in a field maintenance environment with the
ability to carry, push, pull, reach, and lift equipment and parts
weighing up to 80 pounds. Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch,
crawl, and climb during field maintenance and repair work. Must be
able to stand and walk for extended time periods. Must have
hearing, vision, and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate
equipment and maintain good awareness during maintenance and repair
jobs. Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally
with District staff in face-to-face, one-on-one settings. Must be
able to work in an environment that could produce exposure to dust,
dirt, significant temperature changes and inclement weather.
Keywords: Moulton Niguel Water District, Aliso Viejo , Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!