Client Manager - Employee Health & Benefits
Company: Marsh and McLennan
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Department: Employee Health & BenefitsStatus: ExemptReports To:
Benefit Department ManagerSummary The Client Manager provides
advice and assistance requiring technical and industry knowledge
and client service skills to meet client needs and resolve
difficulties. - Client Managers may occasionally perform in the
capacity of a Client Executive Service for specifically assigned
accounts to oversee the preparation of and providing renewal and
new business presentations. -Essential Duties &
- Act as the initial point of contact for Clients, Carriers and
others on the Client Service Team in the following areas:
- RFP review and preparation.
- Analysis of utilization reports, carrier reports and claims
data and trends.
- COBRA, HIPAA and coordination of 5500 data.
- Work closely with and instruct carrier representatives to
ensure smooth implementation of new plans.
- Ensure required plan information and materials are sent to the
client in a timely manner.
- Guide and mentor Benefit Analysts throughout the process of
gathering Client census and benefit plan information used to
prepare materials for new business presentations, renewals and open
- Explain client needs and concerns focusing on how various plan
designs and recommendations address those issues.
- Review renewals, new business presentations, and open
enrollment materials to ensure they are accurate and complete in
content, are compliant with company and regulatory guidelines, and
reflect a professional appearance.
- Ensure that client files and documentation are maintained
according to policy and procedures, and consistent with Marsh &
McLennan professional standards.
- Develop analytical, customer service and communication skills
needed to perform as a Client Manager II.
- Present to Client Service or Sales Executive the financial
measures used to predict and analyze plan benefit costs, and the
factors which influence those costs and premium rates.
- Under the guidance of the Client Executive Service, participate
in prospect and renewal meetings to learn client needs, challenges
- Learn best practices to present renewal outcomes to the client
and provide recommendations based on the findings with the ultimate
goal being to take on these responsibilities.
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings to communicate
- Respond to and resolve routine issues the client may encounter
regarding receipt of benefit services and coverage questions. -
- Keep Client Executive Service apprised of potential E&O
concerns and client dissatisfaction. - Strategize with Client
Executive Service to develop possible resolutions and proactive
solutions to avoid continued or future problems.Education and/or
- Must possess a strong understanding of health and welfare plan
benefits and carriers such that this expertise is recognized by
colleagues and clients. - This level of expertise is generally
acquired through 5 years' experience providing group health and
benefits sales or service while at a brokerage or carrier.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide
non-technical explanations to technical matters, and summarize and
present information in a clear, concise and accurate written and
- Strong knowledge of employee health insurance carriers, their
strengths and weaknesses, plan design features as well as the
general factors which affect cost and plan design. -
- Maintain a valid unrestricted Life and Disability License in
California and meet the continuing education requirements.
- Maintain a valid driver's license and dependable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to
include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot
tables and formulas.Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Ability to use computer keyboard and sit in a stationary
position for extended periods as well as use of office equipment
such as fax and copy machines, and telephones. - Work is performed
in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Travel to client sites is required. - Usually within driving
distance, but occasionally consists of 2 - 5 night stay out of
town. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many
backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and
clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare,
tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic
partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups,
volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information
about our company, please visit us at: . -
Keywords: Marsh and McLennan, Aliso Viejo , Client Manager - Employee Health & Benefits, Healthcare , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!