Mental Health Worker - Sign On Bonus for FT Night Shift
Company: Orange County Behavioral Health
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 16, 2022
POSITION TITLE: Mental Health Worker
REPORTS TO (TITLE): Chief Nursing Officer
EMPLOYEE PAY STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Provides direct and indirect client care under the
direction of Registered Nurse.
- Orients clients to the unit, searches personal effects, and
documents appropriately in the client record.
- Is knowledgeable of procedure for monitoring clients one-to-one
and performs one-to-one observation for high-risk clients as
assigned and promptly reports any client activities that are a
danger to the client or others.
- Follows Professional Crisis management procedures accurately
- Knows and applies appropriate Behavioral Management plans and
contracts specific to individual program/clients
- Properly demonstrates the techniques for searching a room; has
a good working knowledge of the procedures for room searches, and
conducts room searches on a weekly basis.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates appropriate professional boundaries; treats youth
with respect and considers clients valued customers.
- Properly assesses routine situations, determines and takes
- Demonstrates the ability to set limits for clients and uses
de-escalation techniques appropriately.
- Accepts feedback in a positive manner and applies it to improve
performance and further learning.
- Follows all safety procedures; is alert to changing situations
and contributes to preventing opportunities for danger to
- Follows safety procedures in a calm manner and responds quickly
when an alarm sounds or a code is announced.
- Conducts and documents 15-minute rounds on youth in a timely
- Speaks with authority in a calm and clear voice, uses proper
selection of words and has knowledge of when and how to use
- Communicates with all customers (family, referral sources,
caseworkers, etc) in a professional manner; is service oriented;
and is courteous, friendly, and empathetic.
- Exhibits calm and controlled attitude; does not overreact to
allow his/her own actions to further deteriorate the
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; directs calls
appropriately, and takes messages.
Education and Licensing & E:xperience
- High school graduate or equivalent, BA or BS preferred.
- One to two years' experience as a behavioral health worker
- Current CPR (AHA) and maintain current.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic
functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies;
collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to five (35) pounds.
*Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees
to be vaccinated for covid and with booster. I will need you to
supply documentation that you have been vaccinated*
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are
Short and Long-Term Disability
Keywords: Orange County Behavioral Health, Aliso Viejo , Mental Health Worker - Sign On Bonus for FT Night Shift, Healthcare , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!