Company: Orange County Behavioral Health
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Provides direct and indirect client care under the direction of
a registered nurse.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of client
including, child, adolescent and adult population.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments, under the direct
supervision of a RN, on all clients and reassessments as per
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes
appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the client and
family regarding pain management.
- Continuously observes client's behavior, mental status and
- Formulates and implements client treatment plans; family is
included when appropriate.
- Follows Professional Crisis management procedures accurately
- Knowledgeable of medications including psychotropic drugs and
their correct administration based on the age of the client and
their clinical condition.
Education and Licensing:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years' prior experience in patient care
- Current CA License
Skills and Abilities:
- Properly demonstrates the techniques for searching a room; has
a good working knowledge of the procedures for room searches, and
ensures room searches are conducted on a weekly basis.
- Follows the unit program and is familiar with the policies and
procedures for the unit.
- Completes annual educational requirements and maintains
- Confers with members of the treatment team for the benefit of
- Completes documentation in a timely manner, organizes
information in a logical manner with entries containing the
required information and details. Documentation is legible and is
- Accepts feedback in a positive manner and applies it to improve
performance and further learning.
- Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential
for medication errors.
- In conjunction with the Lead MHT coordinates and supervises
client care as necessary, under the supervision of a RN.
- Coordinates and supervises client care.
- Performs client care responsibilities considering needs
specific to the standard of care for the client's age.
- Follows all safety procedures; is alert to changing situations
and contributes to preventing opportunities for danger to
- Follows safety procedures in a calm manner and responds quickly
when an alarm sounds or a code is announced.
- Speaks with authority in a calm and clear voice, uses proper
selection of words and has knowledge of when and how to use
- Communicates with all customers (family, referral sources,
caseworkers, etc) in a professional manner; is service oriented;
and is courteous, friendly, and empathetic.
- Exhibits calm and controlled attitude; does not overreact to
allow his/her own actions to further deteriorate the
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; directs calls
appropriately, and takes messages.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and
with other departments.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic
functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies;
collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to five (5) pounds.
*Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees
to be vaccinated for covid. I will need you to supply documentation
that you have been vaccinated*
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional
Keywords: Orange County Behavioral Health, Aliso Viejo , Med Nurse, Healthcare , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!