Laboratory Director- Somatic
Company: Ambry Genetics
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Ambry Genetics is seeking a full-time Laboratory Director to
establish clinical reporting operations for our developing
precision medicine efforts. This individual will lead the
development of a team to establish curation, analysis,
interpretation, and reporting workflows for tumor profiling in
solid tissue and blood. This is an excellent opportunity for an
independent, creative, service-oriented person to be involved at
the leading edge of genetic testing.
Ambry Genetics is a company of many firsts, including the first
clinical exome test and the first multi-gene hereditary cancer
panel. The clinical team provides scientific, quality-driven, and
accurate results across a variety of specialties to providers and
patients. This is a collaborative effort between board-certified
laboratory directors and genetic counselors, variant assessment and
clinical genomics scientists, and computational biologists. In
addition to routine operations, the clinical team is involved in
clinical research in different areas, including variant
classification resolution, and supports pharmaceutical partner
Job duties for the Laboratory Director include:
- Lead the development of a somatic reporting operations team,
including selection, design, and implementation of scalable
workflows for curation, variant analysis and interpretation, and
- Develop training program for technical and non-technical
- Review of test validation data and standard operating
- The review and sign out of clinical test reports for healthcare
providers and pharmaceutical partner studies. This includes
interpretation of diagnostic test results and review of variant
- Providing technical and clinical support regarding test results
for internal staff and ordering clinicians.
- Participation in quality assurance/quality control and quality
improvement of testing processes.
- Other duties and regulatory responsibilities as delegated by
the CLIA Laboratory Director to support clinical and pharma
Position requirements include:
- Hold an M.D. or Ph.D. degree in a field related to molecular
- Current ABMGG certification or active candidate in Molecular
Genetics or Cytogenetics, or ABP board certification or eligibility
in Molecular Pathology
- PhD candidates should also hold or be eligible for a:
- Assistant: California Clinical Genetic Molecular Biologist
Scientist (CGMBS) license
- Associate: California Clinical Laboratory Director (CGMB)
- MD candidates should also hold or be eligible for a:
- California Medical License
- NYSDOH, Certificate of Qualification (COQ) or eligibility in
- Extensive experience in somatic reporting operations.
- Thorough and ongoing knowledge of somatic variant
classification and functional interpretation of somatic variants,
preferably according to established professional guidelines (e.g.,
AMP or ESMO).
- Familiarity with professional guidelines for the diagnosis or
treatment of cancer, as published by NCCN, ESMO, ASCO or the
- Knowledge of molecular laboratory technology and operations,
regulatory requirements, and professional guidelines.
- Experience with cell free DNA, solid tissue, and/or
next-generation sequencing based assays.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey
difficult information in a clear, kind, and respectful manner.
- Willingness and ability to work in and contribute to a
fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed
molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We
are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open
scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat
all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a
chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health
by understanding the relationships between genetics and human
disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by
responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and
continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun
while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of
ideas. Employees at Ambry Genetics have many perks, including an
onsite caf-- with complimentary smoothies and infused waters! We
also offer access to gym memberships, onsite food trucks,"Lunch and
Learns," and more. Our outstanding benefits program includes
medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off
(PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Ambry Genetics, Aliso Viejo , Laboratory Director- Somatic, Healthcare , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!