Vice President of Finance
Company: Phocas Software
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: June 20, 2022
DescriptionPhocas offers solutions for Analytics, Budgeting and
Forecasting and Financial Statements that work seamlessly together
to help businesses report, budget, and act faster by putting data
in the hands of decision makers. We provide software to help people
feel good about using data.Our solutions help you access the most
useful data in your ERP and other business systems and presents it
in a way that makes it easy to analyze by anyone.To put it in a nut
shell, we've got a great product, loyal customers and a happy team!
We hire really smart people who are incredibly curious and
passionate about alleviating customer's pain, but also about
changing people's lives through how they do their job.The VP of
Finance takes a leadership and commercial partnering role as a
financial advisor to the US President and senior leadership team,
providing strategic financial insight that drives performance
across the business. The VP of US Finance is a critical role
locally and within the global finance function, contributing to the
commercial and financial leadership and delivery of outcomes
required from a commercial and statutory standpoint within the US
business.Drive commercial accountability for the US business,
providing decision support capability, financial information,
reporting, forecasting, preparing investment and business cases for
business proposals and analysis & commentary of business unit
performance. Main activities include:
- Business Partnering
- Strategic Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Financial modelling, analysis & interpretation
- Decision Support
- Global Management and Statutory Reporting (US business)
- US statutory support for global finance operations and
- Tax, treasury, risk and complianceBusiness
- Provide commercial insights and direction, including trend and
comparative analysis, to shape business decisions, partnering with
the business to deliver performance targets.
- Develop decision making frameworks for effective decision
making on new business, revenue and growth opportunities.
- Identify critical areas of strength and weakness in financial
performance leading to recommendations of forward-looking business
- involvement in processes that impact profitability such as
resourcing and utilization.
- Support global finance reporting in providing US monthly
reporting and insight on results.
- Developing budgets and forecasts for the US business as part of
global financial planning activities.
- Oversee all local aspects of global finance operations,
including receivables, payables, payroll and tax preparation.
- Analysis and interpretation of results and preparation of
financial and operating reports to support financial planning,
control and performance management processes.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keep the US
President and Group CFO informed of all critical issues.
- Ensure Phocas Inc. is adhering to US financial legislative
requirements, contributing to improvements in administration and
operational accounting services, processes and controls.
- Ensure activities comply with legal, professional and ethical
- Participate in the development of global management reporting
systems and accounting methods to improve existing procedures or
the communication of management information.
- Drive and develop relationships across the business and broader
finance function in order to understand business and information
- Work as a key member of the US Executive and Global Finance
team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the finance
function across the group.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of finance
professionals who understand and partner with the business.
- Define and communicate clear guidelines for direct reports on
job requirements and department objectives.
- Provide coaching, feedback and development opportunities for
direct reports as applicable, completing performance reviews and
developing performance plans with direct reports.
- Ensure US business unit contributes to and works within Group
policies, process and governance requirements.Organization
- Embrace change and positively develop and implement change
programs throughout finance and the organization.
- Other duties as reasonably directed.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or
omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself and
others in the workplace.
- Ensure that co-workers are treated respectfully and without any
form of discrimination, harassment or victimization.
- Be a positive, willing and adaptable member of the team at all
- Active CPA certification.
- Significant previous experience as senior finance professional
within medium to large enterprise.
- Deep knowledge of how to make effective financial decisions
based upon financial models, scenario analysis and experience.
- The ability to develop and drive strategic operating plans and
- Proven ability to lead and develop a team of professional
- The ability to engage with and influence key stakeholders to
provide strategic guidance and decision support.Desirable
- MBA/Post Graduate studies.
- Experience in SaaS.
- Experience in scaling business within US market.
- External market facing / investor relations.(Annual Salary
Range: $200,000 to $240,000)BenefitsFun / Fulfilling: Awesome
culture and meaningful work!
- Autonomy: Trusted to follow your passion and make it your
- Growth: Opportunity to be more - for you and the business
- Wellness: We believe in a real work life balance and have a
strong family orientated cultureIn addition to a fun and fulfilling
team and environment, other benefits provided include:
- 401(k) match
- Company paid medical, vision and dental with buy-up
- Generous time off - 20-vacation days and 10-sick days plus
generous company holiday schedule
- Remote work availableThese 3 words are what Phocas endeavors to
provide to our employees and underpins everything we do.Phocas is
an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Phocas Software, Aliso Viejo , Vice President of Finance, Executive , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!