Manager of Health Information Management
Company: Orange County Behavioral Health
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: January 12, 2022
The Manager of Health Information Management will ensure
efficient management of the Health Information Department. As well
as consistent with legal/regulatory/accreditation requirements of
the health care delivery system.
- Assures that department operations meet the standards of the
department, Joint Commission, Medicaid, and other applicable
- Formulates and implements departmental policies and
- Participates in the development and tracking of departmental
- Analyzes medical records to determine completeness.
- Follows up on delinquent/incomplete medical records in a timely
- Accurately codes admission and discharge diagnoses in a timely
manner using approved ICD-9-CM coding guidelines.
- Utilized online transcription system as needed to maintain
reliability of the information in the medical records
- Efficiently and appropriately processes requests for
information from authorized requestors.
Education and Licensing:
- Registered Health Information Administrator (R.H.I.A.),
Registered Health Information Technician (R.H.I.T.), Registered
Nurse, or bachelors degree in a healthcare related field
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years job related experience required, with five
Skills and Abilities:
- Completes annual PI training.
- Sensitivity to, and willingness to interact with, persons of
various social, cultural, economic and educational
- Develops, implements, and maintains patient information systems
to fulfill the needs of the organization, and licensing,
accrediting, and reimbursement agencies.
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office
applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as
possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic
functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies;
collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
*Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees
to be vaccinated for covid. I will need you to supply documentation
that you have been vaccinated*
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional
Keywords: Orange County Behavioral Health, Aliso Viejo , Manager of Health Information Management, Executive , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!