Assistant Real Estate Manager
Company: J.F. Shea Family of Companies
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This Assistant Real Estate Manager provides support to the Real
Estate Manager(s) and performs duties associated with the
day-to-day operations of the department. Typical duties include
providing customer service, preparing and tracking service and
lease contracts, general reporting duties and maintaining various
databases. This position constantly strives for improvements in
work processes and results to better meet internal and external
The Assistant Real Estate Manager, as with all Shea team members,
is expected to conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics,
Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policies.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from internal and external
customers. Responds to and directs requests as appropriate.
- Tracks tenant maintenance requests for completion and follows
up with tenants to ensure thorough customer service.
- Maintains complete and accurate property file records.
- Coordinates new tenant set up with accounting.
- Assists in the coordination of tenant move in/out procedures.
Sends out new tenant welcome letters with emergency contact form.
Coordinates transfer of utility services as necessary for move-outs
- Assists with Tenant Improvement related functions including
invoice tracking, billing for overages, contracts, insurance
certificates, building access and tenant coordination.
- Receives and codes invoices for accounts payable. Coordinates
with property accountant.
- Assists the Real Estate Manager(s) in collection of rents and
other amounts due.
- Works directly with Real Estate Manager(s) in bidding process
for all service contracts and maintenance work.
- Lead on all tenant correspondence as directed by Real Estate
Manager(s). Communicates in a timely and professional matter.
- Works with Real Estate Manager(s) when transitioning new
buildings or retail centers from the development stage.
- Updates and maintains vendor lists, tenant lists, tenant
certificates of insurance log, and property key/access control
- Assists Real Estate Manager(s) in preparation of monthly
reports, annual budgets, tenant sales reports, and other required
tenant and property information.
- Participates in weekly and monthly staff meetings.
- Prepares vendor service contracts as directed.
- Assists Real Estate Manager(s) in organizing events at the
- Participates in property inspections.
- Acts on behalf of Real Estate Manager(s) in their absence, as
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- Effective written and oral communication skills; give clear
direction and respond to inquiries.
- Provide exceptional customer service, both internal and
- Manage projects through planning, organizing, and coordinating
- Time management and organization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook),
- Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent strongly
- Previous experience as a property management assistant
The Assistant Real Estate Manager works in a professional office
environment and interfaces with external/internal customers,
tenants, and vendors on a regular basis. Hours are usually Monday
through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. However, the Assistant Real
Estate Manager should be flexible with availability depending on
the needs of the department, including being on call for
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms,
stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a telephone and personal
computer. May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must
be able to occasionally drive during the course of work.
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other
eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: J.F. Shea Family of Companies, Aliso Viejo , Assistant Real Estate Manager, Executive , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!