Manager of Health Information Management
Company: Aliso Ridge Behavioral Health
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The Manager of Health Information Management will ensure
efficient management of the Health Information Department. As well
as consistent with legal/regulatory/accreditation requirements of
the health care delivery system.
- This position will start in June 2021********
- Assures that department operations meet the standards of the
department, Joint Commission, Medicaid, and other applicable
- Formulates and implements departmental policies and
- Participates in the development and tracking of departmental
- Analyzes medical records to determine completeness.
- Follows up on delinquent/incomplete medical records in a timely
- Accurately codes admission and discharge diagnoses in a timely
manner using approved ICD-9-CM coding guidelines.
- Utilized online transcription system as needed to maintain
reliability of the information in the medical records
- Efficiently and appropriately processes requests for
information from authorized requestors.
Education and Licensing
- Registered Health Information Administrator (R.H.I.A.),
Registered Health Information Technician (R.H.I.T.), Registered
Nurse, or bachelor's degree in a healthcare related field
Knowledge And Experience
- Minimum of 3 years job related experience required, with five
Skills And Abilities
- Completes annual PI training.
- Sensitivity to, and willingness to interact with, persons of
various social, cultural, economic and educational
- Develops, implements, and maintains patient information systems
to fulfill the needs of the organization, and licensing,
accrediting, and reimbursement agencies.
- Proficiency with software and/or equipment (Microsoft Office
applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize
projects, work relatively independently, manage multiple tasks, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively as well as
possessing the skills to lead, influence, and motivate others.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, expanding organization.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is
frequently required to do the following
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve
information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and
finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform
repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner
which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking,
including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention
to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic
functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies;
collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and
- Vision see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come
and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Discounted Cafeteria Meal Plan
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional
Keywords: Aliso Ridge Behavioral Health, Aliso Viejo , Manager of Health Information Management, Executive , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!