Company: Shea Properties
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are
interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate.
With a portfolio that includes 8,600 apartment units and 4.9
million square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and
Washington-and an amazing pipeline of future projects-Shea
Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the
collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our
leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea's
Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork
and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WorkWithShea.com and
follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply. Description The Leasing
Manager provides the necessary leadership, training, guidance and
motivation to the leasing staffing and works with the Community
Manager/General Manager to recommend and execute marketing and
leasing strategies designed to meet the goals of Shea Properties.
The Leasing Manager is responsible for all sales-related functions,
including staffing, pricing, marketing, and achieving revenue goals
of the property. The ----------------Leasing Manager, as with all
Shea team members, is expected to conduct him / herself in a
professional manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and
the Business Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
Some of the job duties include:
- Directs, hire and train the leasing team, and supervises
staff's daily activities to achieve occupancy and revenue goals of
- Supervises and ensures accurate and timely preparation of all
leasing paperwork and documents related to residency.
- Ensures schedule of leasing staff to ensure proper staff levels
in anticipation of traffic demands and workload
- Prepares annual reviews for all direct reports, sets
Incentive-Based Compensation Bonus Plan (IBC) goals and objectives
and implements Professional Development Plans (PDP) for all
- Gathers market information weekly and prepares reports
identifying competition rental rates, concessions, promotions and
property changes, observing development and changes in market area
which may impact the community. "Shops" competition to determine
sales technique, strategy and merchandising. Reports findings and
recommendations to on-site staff, as well as to the Regional
- Reviews Yieldstar each morning and submits pricing
- Supervises the input of all data into designated property
management software and processing of sales -related reports.
- Reviews and approves resident rental applications for move-ins
in a fair and consistent manner in accordance with Fair Housing
requirements and Shea Business Properties' policies and
- Assures all leasing files are organized and maintained in the
leasing desks and leasing storage in accordance with leasing office
standardization, and Policy
- Performs necessary resident retention activity and assists in
negotiation of rent increases and lease renewals with residents and
the execution of all necessary documents to implement all approved
- Ensures Leasing and Maintenance staff a calendar of scheduled
move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all
apartments are inspected prior to move-in.
- Inspects Models to ensure they are presentable in accordance
with established standards.Walks the market window and "market
ready" apartments to ensure they are presentable in accordance to
established standards.Ensures leasing center is open and ready for
business on-time each day.
- Maintains Leasing office and Hospitality area in accordance to
guidelines, to present the best impression and welcome to our
- Provides exceptional customer service and addresses resident
- Demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness,
integrity and exercises confidentiality in all areas of his/her
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the community.
Handle on-call duties, as directed by supervisor.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to
give clear direction and respond to inquiries. Must be able to
speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the
- Understanding of accounting principles and budget process.
Ability to read and interpret numerical information. Basic
understanding of the budgeting process.
- Basic understanding of marketing concepts; analyzing data; and
- Negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook)
and Yardi preferred.
- Prior experience in managing a staff
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college level courses
- Minimum of 4 years property management experience with at least
1 year at the management level. The--Leasing--Manager works on-site
at an apartment community and interfaces with external/internal
customers, residents, and vendors on a regular basis. The position
work schedule varies depending on the property.--Hours are usually
scheduled from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.--However, office staff is expected
to report at 8:50 a.m. for staff line-up.--Saturday and/or Sunday
work schedule may be required depending on property occupancy.--The
Leasing Manager should be flexible and readily available depending
on the needs of the property. Physical Requirements While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms,
stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a telephone and personal
computer.--May be required to lift and/or move up to 25
pounds.--Must be able to occasionally drive during the course of
work. Must be able to travel, as needed, 10-25% of the time. Shea
Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible
veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Keywords: Shea Properties, Aliso Viejo , Leasing Manager, Executive , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!