Market Access Director
Company: Ambry Genetics
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 5, 2020
The Payor Relations Director (PRD) is responsible for ensuring
health care providers and patients have access to Ambry's services
by influencing key payors to obtain in-network agreements. In
addition, the Payor Relations Director must implement strategies in
persuading payor medical policy decisions and their perceptions of
the value genetic testing provides them and their members. The PRD
is to elevate Ambry's position within the third party payor over
and above the competitive position and to explore and implement
alternative payment models that solidify said position. The PRD is
challenged to explore new market access opportunities and expected
to capitalize on such opportunities to maximize utilization and
revenue. Success is reflected by the key payor stakeholders
accepting and implementing versions of the PRDs recommendations to
the payor and/or access channel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize existing or develop contacts and relationships
throughout commercial and government industries, from clinical to
innovative/executive levels. Understand the key players in these
organizations and be able to skillfully influence these players to
drive specific business objectives.
- Establish thru-put protocols to ensure Ambry's high-level
position with the participating provider. This includes promotion
of Ambry's scientific/research portfolio to clinical/executive
leadership to ensure Ambry's value proposition is accepted and
- Investigate alternative market access opportunities by
leveraging Konica Minolta's (KM) portfolio within Integrated
Delivery Networks (IDNs), ACOs and downstream health networks. Look
to these access points for f exploration alternative payment
- Identify and collaborate with clinical opinion leaders at all
payor levels for coverage decisions using health outcomes and
- Invest the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding
of the Managed Care business as it relates to their region and
national market. Additional, the PRD skillfully deals with the
concepts and complexities associated with clinical diagnostics and
- Execute on strategic expectations development by commercial
leadership by developing agreed-upon tactics that result in
- Have a deep understanding of important industry-related issues,
have broad knowledge of the evolving healthcare landscape, and
develop detailed strategic plans which align with the long and
short-term goals of the organization.
- Work collaboratively with the all levels of the field
organization to create aligned partnerships to help Ambry drive
business through multiple reimbursement channels.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of his/her performance and
be committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Contribute to the organization, peers', and customers' needs
beyond sales/revenue production.
- Provide information critical to accomplishing the Ambry/KM
mission to all colleagues the PRD works with- specifically members
of the internal Managed Care team, Medical Affairs and Sales and
Field Leadership teams.
- Provide feedback to individuals so they can make effective
decisions at all levels of the organization (National, Regional,
and area teams)
- Able to present clearly and effectively clinical utility and
strategic concepts to large groups, including C-Suite level
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the managed care arena with
relationships with key stakeholders within the payor side. The
candidate will be considered with Medical Director, Oncology
Director, C-Suite and Payment Innovator Management interaction.
Preferred related business experience working with markets access,
formularies, third-party adjudication and managed markets (MCO,
Hospital, Private Insurance).
- Experience calling on and developing relationships with key
contacts in managed markets and third-party payors
- History of representing clinical laboratories/molecular
diagnostics strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
- Clinical laboratory and/or Molecular Diagnostic knowledge
- In-depth understanding of the healthcare reimbursement
marketplace required. Experience with alternative payment models a
- Knowledge of medical coding, coverage and reimbursement
- MS Office proficiency required
- Ability to read and interpret documents and Ambry requisitions,
operating and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively one-on-one, in
group settings, with clients and with employees of the
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to travel up to 75% or as required. Applicant can
reside anywhere in the applicable region and proximity to a major
airport a plus.
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed
molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We
are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open
scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat
all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a
chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health
by understanding the relationships between genetics and human
disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by
responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and
continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific
community. We also support those with genetic conditions through
the Mauli Ola Foundation and other nonprofit organizations.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun
while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of
ideas. Employees at Ambry Genetics have many perks, including an
onsite caf-- with complimentary smoothies and infused waters! We
also offer access to gym memberships, onsite food trucks,"Lunch and
Learns," and more. Our outstanding benefits program includes
medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off
(PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Ambry Genetics, Aliso Viejo , Market Access Director, Executive , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!