Senior Staff Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer
Company: indie Semiconductor
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Job Overview:---Do you enjoy working in a creative fast-growing
entrepreneurial environment? With indie you -ll never walk alone!
We place high value on our teams and pursue excellence for our
employees and customers!---indie is an Autotech solutions
innovator. We focus on edge sensors spanning multiple modalities
including LiDAR, radar, ultrasound and vision for Advanced Driver
Assistance Systems (ADAS), autonomous vehicles, connected car, user
experience and electrification applications.
We are seeking a talented and motivated mixed-signal designer to
join our indie radar team. This position is a senior position
responsible for performing the design activity to implement
mixed-signal hard macros on the boundary of analog/RF and digital
circuits into indie radar MMIC designs. Additional tasks will
include creation of models and views necessary for SoC integration
of the hard macros and running all required QA checks before
release of the views. Sr. Staff engineers are expected to
collaborate with teams world-wide, identifying and requesting
resources to finish their projects and occasionally guide junior
team members as necessary. As part of a cross-functional
development team, the candidate will interact from time to time
with other essential disciplines, including analog and digital IC
teams, system architecture and modelling teams, test and quality
assurance teams, software teams, and physical implementation teams
(including PCB team and packaging teams).
This is an exciting opportunity to develop challenging and
innovative RFICs in a fast-growing startup environment, where your
contribution directly drives the success of the automotive radar
team's products and indie Semiconductor as a whole.
- Take ownership of one or more design partitions and/or top
level integrated circuit implementations including complete design
and layout of mixed-signal components.
- Help define chip-level architectures for radar systems taking
into account cost, design risk and time-to-market metrics.
- Test, characterize and debug designs in the lab as
- Define and drive to the implementation of efficient physical
design methodologies and flows.
- Contribute to design methodology, libraries, and design
- Help define the physical design related rule sets.
- Communicate and work with multi-disciplined and multi-site
- From time to time, support other mission critical engineering
With us, you must love being part of an organization where everyone
makes a difference and contributes to the company's success.
Creativity, Ownership and Excellence are what we value.---These are
the skills and know how an ideal candidate would bring. We
understand that nobody is perfect! After all, your new job should
challenge you and you should have the possibilities to grow.
- Master's in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related fields
with 3+ year's experience or Ph.D. degree
- Experience with full IC/SoC cycles, taking the design from
concept to tapeout.
- Solid, deep understanding of modern silicon/CMOS process
- Solid understanding and hands-on experience with design and
implementation of high speed RF/mixed-signal circuits and layouts
(e.g. frequency synthesizers, CDR circuits, SERDES,
wireline/wireless communication front-end TRx blocks such as LNAs,
PAs, TIAs and MZM/laser drivers/modulators).
- Knowledge of system level modelling and solid understanding of
block- and system level design trade-offs for high-speed
- Digital design fundamentals and skills, e.g. Verilog RTL
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (e.g.,
C/C++, Python, Perl, or TCL).
- Hands-on experience with digital simulation, synthesis,
implementation, CTS, and timing analysis CAD tools (e.g.
- Experience with full-chip static timing analysis, including
Job Code - #195
Keywords: indie Semiconductor, Aliso Viejo , Senior Staff Mixed-Signal IC Design Engineer, Engineering , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!