Senior PLC Controls Engineer
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Senior PLC Controls EngineerThis position will lead projects and
efforts in design and development of manufacturing and R&D
equipment for medical devices. This includes design and development
of electromechanical automated and semi-automated manufacturing
equipment, authoring equipment specifications, generating
schematics, and maintaining drawings. In conjunction, this position
will also lead projects in manufacturing process development,
including creation and execution of validation protocols and
reports.Headquarters: Aliso ViejoAbout US and Why We're HiringVoted
100 Best Places to Work in Orange County - 2021. We're a medical
devices company that develops innovative neuroendovascular
technologies for the treatment of vascular disease. We're a
high-growth, customer-focused company with an entrepreneurial
spirit producing some of the most reliable and technologically
advanced products supported by proven clinical data. Take a closer
look at what MicroVention - TERUMO has to offer.Let's talk about
life at MicroVention & Who You'd Be Working With We believe a
diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, abilities, and experiences is
critical to our success. We are committed to attracting,
recruiting, and retaining the best talent, focusing on diversity,
inclusion, and belonging while bringing forth new technologies to
advance the neuroendovascular industry.Our team is collaborative,
customer-focused, and thrives on innovation. MicroVention offers
challenges, rewards, and the opportunity to work with talented
colleagues in an exciting, innovative, and safe environment. What
You'll Be Doing
- Lead projects to design new equipment and fixturing to improve
manufacturing process capability, capacity, efficiency, cost and
- Lead projects to design improvements to existing R&D and
manufacturing process equipment, tooling and fixturing.
- Lead projects to validate product, equipment and manufacturing
- Perform engineering tasks using established procedures related
to equipment selection, schematic design, system layout, cost
estimation and system documentation.
- Interface with cross-functional departments to execute
manufacturing process and equipment development projects.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.The
Skills/Experience Needed for the Senior Engineer, R&D
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science,
Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years of related experience.
- Experience with reading and preparing technical
- Good communication skills.How You Will Stand Out from the
- Ability to design, develop, and program PLC-based control
systems for manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to modify existing control systems or program new
control systems for PLC's, Stand-Along Computers, Arduino
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and HMI's.
- Proficient in programming languages such as Ladder Logic, C++,
Java, as well as HTML style programming.
- Demonstrated expertise related to equipment, fixturing,
tooling, and machine design.
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks.
- Good document control and record keeping skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and met deadlines in a timely
- Medical device industry experience preferred.Take Vacation
(Seriously)Yes, we really want you to take vacation. In fact, we
have 15 days of PTO and 15 Paid Holidays per year. It's important
to get plenty of rest and get out and do something. As part of our
paid holidays, in December, we close our offices the entire week.
Competitive Compensation We use a leading compensation data
provider to set competitive and well-defined pay ranges for our
positions. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate in the
United States. We consider bonuses and merit raises every year. Our
PerksMedical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with Company Match, Casual
Work Environment, Work/Life Balance, Talent Development Program,
On-site Gym/Exercise Room, Employee Referral Program, Tuition
Reimbursement up to $6,400/Year, LinkedIn Learning Courses, and the
list goes on. P.S. If this position isn't right for you at this
time, but you know someone else who might be interested, we'd
really appreciate it if you passed this along. We're not just a
place to work, but a company to build your career! We are an equal
opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation,
age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: MicroVention-Terumo, Aliso Viejo , Senior PLC Controls Engineer, Engineering , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!