Company: NVISION Eye Centers
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Network Engineer's primary responsibility is -to design,
integrate, manage, support, oversee, and enhance the company's
corporate, distributed and cloud network infrastructure by
utilizing various technologies (such as SDwan, mixed Switches
environment, Firewalls, WiFi and more) and to ensure maximum
stability, integrity, and optimized operation uptime for mission
critical business systems considering continuous rapid growth. The
network engineer will integrate acquired networks while maintaining
stability, security and standardization.Responsibilities
- Architect, develop, manage and support the infrastructure
network portfolios to support ongoing IT operations, growth, and
disaster recovery for critical business systems that include:
- 50 clinics (and massively growing)
- Cisco networking gear (as well as well as other
- Cisco FWs (as well as well as other technologies)
- Enterprise mission critical WiFi networks (Mostly Meraki)
- Deploying SD-WAN technology
- Ring Central VoIP phone system
- Meraki device management
- SolarWinds monitoring tool
- HIPAA compliance
- Configure and maintain firewalls policies and various routing
with best practices assessments.
- Advise and deploy long-term networks strategic plans for
acquiring and enabling efficient, secure, cost-effective
- Lead network projects with maximizing availability and prepare
for considerable growth.
- Manage network systems to ensure scalability and
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the
improvement of various network and security elements.
- Research and recommend potential technology solutions and
implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities, and
procurement efforts that provide for improvements to network
performance, capacity and scalability and disaster recovery.
- Negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer, and
- Responding to and resolving incidents, as well as creating and
completing change requests related to the NVISION Network
Infrastructure following ITIL best practices.
- Monitor and support corporate circuits, working with various
carriers and vendors on incident resolution and optimization.
- Ability to participate in regular maintenance windows and after
hour support calls.
- Staying on top of and remediating known vulnerabilities in
current networking equipmentQualifications
- Bachelor's degree in related field is preferred or equivalent
- Current Cisco Certifications preferred (CCNP/CCIE).
- 8+ years of hands-on (must have) experience working in a
distributed network environment with 24/7 mission critical
- Proven experience with network design & optimization, business
technology infrastructure strategic planning, projects management
and policy development.
- Understanding and experience with network security
technologies, including creation and implementation of new or
updated network security measures.
- Strong network troubleshooting skills and extensive hands-on
- SD-WAN technology
- Enterprise mission critical WiFi networks (Meraki
- Switches (Cisco/Mraki/etc.)
- MPLS, P2P, LAN, WAN, VPN, configuring and managing complex
- L3 ,L2 routing, IGPs OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, IS-IS
- Microsoft technologies
- Solarwinds or other enterprise-monitoring tool.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills with the
ability to communicating with all levels of the organization, as
well as clinics' staff and managers across multiple states,
locations and time zones.
- Ability to monitor and document network performance and
- Solid project management and organization skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with thorough knowledge of
network administration and architecture with expertise in the use
of troubleshooting tools. Experience with Wireshark or similar tool
- Experience operating in an environment complying with SOX,
HIPPA or similar guidelines possessing. In-depth knowledge of
applicable laws and regulations as they relate to Business
Technology and the Health industry.
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of current network
and PC operating systems, hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Knowledge of business theory, business processes, management,
- Ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly language
to all levels of the organization and all levels of technical
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative
environment.Ability to travel to remote locations as neededThis
role may require occasional evenings, weekends, and travel to
Keywords: NVISION Eye Centers, Aliso Viejo , Network Engineer, Engineering , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!