Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (Windows Server)
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Attention IT professionals. Do you want to join a small team
developing and supporting eCommerce and point of sale apps from a
South Orange County environment? We are Convergence.net and we need
to immediately expand our technical team to support our sales
growth and vision.
We provide our Cloud-based Platform to over a hundred attractions,
parks and events across the country to sell their tickets,
registrations, memberships, retail and food and beverage products.
With our Software as a Service business model, managing our
production server environment is critical to our success.
Our IT team designs and manages our secure, high availability
production environment which spans multiple data centers and were
always looking to improve our systems and processes. Youll work
closely with the IT team to implement changes to support our
rapidly growing business requirements.
We have an immediate opening in our headquarters in Aliso Viejo, CA
for a Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (Windows Server,
Datacenter) to add to our IT team.
We are looking for candidates that already have experience
administering production environments servers and have a strong
knowledge of IT system administration.
We are a Microsoft shop - no other experience is relevant for
qualification for this position. We are especially looking for
candidates with experience in MS SQL Server Always On availability
groups and Azure infrastructure configurations and monitoring.
Please note we have a 24/7 eCommerce environment, so the applicant
needs to be effective in time-critical environments and must be
available to handle off-hour issues, and to participate in
mandatory off-hour on-call rotations.
- Maintain, configure, troubleshoot, install and upgrade servers
and networking equipment
- Monitor production infrastructure, troubleshoot issues and
- Perform regular audits of systems and configurations to ensure
stability and security
- Identify areas of improvement or optimization for systems and
- Handle escalation of hardware or network issues from staff or
- Participate in mandatory on-call rotation for production
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Servers, including
IIS and/or SQL Server in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of networking including firewalls and
- Experience with Domain Administration and Active Directory
- Experience with HyperV or related virtualization
- Experience with Azure or other cloud providers
- Experience with PowerShell and scripting
- Knowledge of SANs, NAS, or related storage platforms
- Understanding of HA architecture and Disaster Recovery
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn.
- Clear thinking and good judgment, even during stressful
- Extreme dependability.
- Applicant must successfully pass a criminal background
- Desired Skills:
- Experience with Point of Sale hardware (systems, credit card
- Experience with PCI (Payment Card Industry) requirements
- Experience with Windows Failover Clustering
- Experience with SQL High Availability
- Understanding of .NET and web applications
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This is a full-time position and is not intended for contractors.
Applications submitted by recruiters will not be considered.by
Keywords: Convergence.net, Aliso Viejo , Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer (Windows Server), Engineering , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!