Apartment Community Receptionist
Company: Shea Properties
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: April 2, 2021
Shea Properties - Find Awesome.
Shea Properties is always looking for talented people who are
interested in beginning or continuing their careers in real estate.
With a portfolio that includes 10,000 apartment units and 6 million
square feet of commercial space in California, Colorado and
Washington-and an amazing pipeline of future projects-Shea
Properties can help you find your awesome. Our associates love the
collaborative, supportive, family-friendly work environment. Our
leadership team encourages input at all levels and embodies Shea's
Core Values of Honesty and Integrity, Respect for Others, Teamwork
and Competitive Spirit. Learn more about us on WorkWithShea.com and
follow the VIEW ALL JOBS link to apply.
DescriptionThe Receptionist greets customers, vendors and
residents, coordinates customer service requests, provides back up
to team members, and completes special projects as directed by
management staff. . The Receptionist, as with all members of the
Shea Properties Team, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a
manner that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business
Ethics, Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy.
- Welcomes and provides courteous customer service to residents,
vendors, and general public.
- Manages all incoming phone calls and emails from vendors,
residents, prospective residents and Shea associates in a
- Forwards calls or emails into appropriate inboxes, retrieving
and addressing messages from several office phone lines and
scheduling appointments when necessary. Ensuring that urgent
messages are filtered to the appropriate employee for
- Maintains and communicates when hospitality items need to be
- Back-up for amenity reservations, which may include; collection
of fees, disbursement of keys, etc. Also, documentation of the
reservations in the appropriate software program.
- Disbursement of keys to vendors, residents and employees, as
needed to complete service requests, deliveries and amenity
- Greet visitors and direct guest traffic to the proper employee.
Schedule appointments for prospective residents and current
resident preliminary and final move-out walks.
- Receives and processes resident service requests per Shea
- Retrieve and disburse packages and mail to residents during
- Preparation and acceptance of resident move-out paperwork, as
- Processing of mail and submission of invoices to our
third-party invoice processing center.
- Completes maintenance work orders and service requests from
residents and follows through to ensure completion. Contacts
residents at completion of customer service requests to ensure all
issues have been resolved satisfactorily.
- Uses designated computer software, such as Word and Excel
accurately inputs data.
- Operates Yardi, Yieldstar and all other property software.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle resident complaints and
direct them to the Asst. Community Manager or Community Manager
- Performs other duties as assigned. Actual job duties and
responsibilities may vary depending on the size of the
- Other duties, as assigned. Technical/Professional Knowledge
(Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
- Strong Administrative skills.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Customer service experience required in at least one of the
following industries: property management, hospitality, retail,
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work EnvironmentThe
Receptionist works on-site at an apartment community and interfaces
with external/internal customers, residents, and vendors on a
regular basis. The position work schedule varies depending on the
property. Hours are usually scheduled from 8:50 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The position is required to work weekend days (Sat/Sun). However,
the Receptionist should be flexible with availability depending on
the needs of the property.
Physical RequirementsWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands,
reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use a
telephone and personal computer. May be required to lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to occasionally drive during the
course of work.
Apply Directly at:
Shea Properties is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other
eligible veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: Shea Properties, Aliso Viejo , Apartment Community Receptionist, Administration, Clerical , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!