Company: Vertos Medical
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Aliso Viejo, CA
# of Openings:
Responsible for supporting the CFO, Controller, and Senior
Accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Assist with management of full cycle accounts payable,
matching, vouchering, and general ledger coding for vendor
- Ensure proper recording and application of cash and management
of outstanding invoices, and interface directly with customers on
collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Assist with month-end closing journal entry preparation and
reconciliations, including the monthly bank
- Reconcile and account for company credit card
- Maintain the fixed asset and associated depreciation schedules;
provide monthly detail to the Controller for journal entries;
ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Maintain prepaid schedules; provide monthly detail to the
Controller for journal entries; ensure proper recording of new
- Assist Controller with inventory cost accounting.
- Prepare property tax statements.
- Assist with preparation of 1099s.
- Assist with the implementation of automation tools.
- Provide ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Support third-party financial audits as required.
- Act with integrity, professionalism, and the highest level of
- Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by
on-the-job training, attending educational workshops, reviewing
professional publications, establishing personal networks, and
participating in professional societies.
- Support compliance with the company quality standards, FDA
regulations and guidance, applicable EU Medical Device directives,
applicable ISO standards, and other pertinent country specific
medical regulatory requirements.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in an Accounting field or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years' experience working with general
- Medical device industry experience.
- NetSuite experience.
- Experience with spend management, AP, or AR automation tools
(specifically Coupa or Bill.com).
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong analytical
- Natural attention to detail.
- Collaborative work approach and positive attitude.
- Organizational skills to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Superior professionalism and judgment.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment.
- Adapts quickly in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability; reactive to the
changing business needs.
- Ability to demonstrate discretion in handling confidential and
- Tech savvy: proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
particularly MS Excel and MS Word, and in mobile/cloud resources
including ERP software (preferably NetSuite) and CRM software
(preferably Salesforce); comfortable learning new technical systems
as needed such as Box, Zoom, Slack, Smartsheet, and Concur
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Travel (Distributed Workforce) - Approximately 10% of time will
be spent traveling for team meetings, conferences, or
- Physical Demand - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit for extended
periods of time. Physical effort required by handling objects of 25
pounds or more occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer. The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Mental Demand - Moderate to high degree of concentration due to
volume, complexity, and/or "pressure" of work. Ability to make
critical thinking skills decisions under pressure.
- Work Environment -
- Potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens, pharmaceuticals,
chemicals, needles, and sharps, and radiation (from x-ray /
fluoroscopy and similar medical equipment).
- When working in a home office environment, a dedicated office
with minimal distractions which assures maximum privacy of computer
screens to protect confidential and sensitive information is
required; highspeed internet connectivity is required to work
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of all employees assigned to this position. Nothing in
this job description restricts management's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
In addition to offering a great culture and work environment,
Vertos also offers the following benefits:
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life & AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) with employer contribution
Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Jury/Witness Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Parental Leave Salary Continuation
- Short-Term Disability Salary Continuation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and
- Access to BenefitHUB discounts for 200,000 + vendors
Pay Range: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
Apply for this Position
Keywords: Vertos Medical, Aliso Viejo , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!