Sr. Development Accountant - Mostly Remote
Company: Vaco Financial
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet timelines in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Reconcile and analyze various company general ledgers.
- Ensure accuracy of entries.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages,
including joint venture reports.
- Enter and review the proper recording, maintenance, and update
of all job cost budget revisions.
- Assist in the formation and monitoring of joint ventures and
transactional closings by operating agreements and/or loan
- Prepare or review joint venture construction loan draws.
- Help coordinate and prepare schedules for annual joint venture
audits and tax returns.
- Assist with budget preparation and prepare monthly budget
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical
procedures as needed.
- Coordinate with tax consultant on property taxes, sales, and
use taxes and appeals.
- Document and evaluate internal controls.
- Assist with the division's adherence to corporate policies and
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with the development team and Accounts Payable closely to
organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payments.
- Manage cash balance on bank accounts and prepare wire transfer
requests.Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 3+ years of experience within accounting, experience with joint
venture and public accounting is preferred.
- Real estate experience is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel).
- Proven team player and leader with the ability to work quickly,
accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Timberline, Sage experience is a plus.
Keywords: Vaco Financial, Aliso Viejo , Sr. Development Accountant - Mostly Remote, Accounting, Auditing , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!