Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting
Company: RxSight, Inc.
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: July 29, 2022
RxSight has commercialized the world's first and only adjustable
intraocular lens (IOL) that is customized after cataract surgery.
This intraocular lens can be adjusted non-invasively while in the
eye, allowing the post-cataract surgery patient to see clearly at
distance without the use of eyeglasses or contact lenses. The
application of light to the implanted Light Adjustable Lens
(LAL---) will fine-tune the patient's lens power to their specific
visual need.This technology sets the stage for a series of lens
products from RxSight that will have widespread application in
cataract and refractive surgery as well as outside the field of
medicine.OVERVIEW:The Director of Reporting & Technical Accounting
is responsible for interpreting relevant accounting guidance and
preparing technical memos, determining implementation/policy for
the Company, leading the annual audit / quarterly reviews with the
external auditors, recording stock-based compensation, reconciling
equity and other assigned balance sheet accounts on a timely basis,
completing the monthly consolidation and revaluation, and helping
to establish/implement accounting policies and procedures. The
Director records, summarizes and reconciles business transactions.
In addition to these general accounting responsibilities, the role
will perform the detailed work in the following areas:
- Accounting for stock-based compensation (employee and
nonemployee) with Equity Edge including all footnote analysis for
the audited financial statements and the related deferred tax asset
(stock options, employee stock purchase, restricted stock
- Forecast/budget for stock-based compensation and other analysis
- Lease accounting technical analysis (post ASC 842
implementation) for new leases and software implementation
- Analyze, document, and implement new GAAP requirements
- Analyze and report on revenue, closing the sales module each
month and ensuring proper revenue recognition including journal
entries supporting proper revenue recognition/deferral of revenue
- Implement service contract invoicing/deferred revenue in
- Month-end consolidation/revaluation and preparation of Excel
- Accounting for equity instruments (including analysis of equity
versus liability classification) and proper balance sheet
presentation (temporary equity vs. permanent equity)
- Debt and related amortization and interest expense recording as
well as covenant compliance reporting
- Write Notes to Financial statements, complete GAAP & SBC
checklists, tieout of 10-Q/10-K
- Manage and/or prepare workpapers / support as needed for tax
preparation (provision and compliance)ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Managing month-end close to ensure deadlines are met
- Completing miscellaneous account analyses or other ad hoc
reporting as requested
- Documenting internal controls, procedures and streamlining
transaction processing to improve efficiencies
- Completing technical accounting activities as assigned
- Participating in the audit of the annual physical inventory
(management of external auditors)REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Strong MS Excel
- Solid understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ration, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
- Must have good phone skills and interact well with others.
- Previous experience writing technical memos, financial
statement footnotes, accounting for stock-based compensation and
- Must present themselves as a professional always.
- Requires minimal supervision.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; minimum 7 years'
Accounting experience. CPA desired.
- Experience using Equity Edge a plus.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
under tight deadlines and work independently
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of
- Support our company values (Customer Focused, Agility, Sense of
- Training to be completed per the training plan for this
position as maintained in the document control system.COMPUTER
- ERP experience required; ERP in a manufacturing environment a
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Keywords: RxSight, Inc., Aliso Viejo , Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!