Senior Community Manager
Company: Seabreeze Management Company
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Coronavirus - At Seabreeze we are taking steps to protect
everyone's safety and ensure smooth operations. To learn more about
our plan to continue serving our communities and receive up-to-date
information, please visit our COVID-19 page . At Seabreeze
Management Company, our motto is "People, Performance, Passion,"
and we live that motto every day. By continually improving the
service we offer our customers and providing our team with the
resources they need, we have the power to create communities
wherever we go. As an engaging, high-energy self-starter, the
Senior Community Manager embodies our motto through proactive
leadership. With an emphasis on service, a Senior Community Manager
is organized and articulate and consistently puts the customer
first. By partnering with multiple Boards of Directors, the Senior
Community Manager must build longstanding relationships to assist
in the development of goals for each Homeowner's Associations.
Then, the Senior Community Manager will support the Boards of
Directors in deploying the right strategic plans to meet those
goals. All major community projects and issues will be managed by
the Senior Community Manager. The Senior Community Manager is
equipped with industry expertise and comprehensive knowledge of
management practices, accounting procedures, personnel practices,
Association CC&Rs and Bylaws, inventory and procurement,
contract relations, association maintenance and safety practices.
This position includes managing several different accounts during
attrition, transition and/or account set up. This position also
involves working with various department representatives throughout
the company to ensure that all tasks and projects are completed to
meet the needs of our clients. Prior management experience as a
portfolio manager is required and candidates must hold a CCAM -
designation or CMCA -/AMS - designations. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities To perform this position successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure all Civil Code, State and City statutes and ordinances,
and legal document requirements are met such that the Board of
Directors and Association remain in compliance.
- Manage Board of Directors, Committee Members, and Community
Member relations. Coordinate, attend and have oversight of all
- Create agendas for Board and Committee meetings and packets
(Board Packets) in accordance with company procedures. Responsible
for all Board meeting follow-up, meeting minutes, and
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of information
materials regarding the rules and policies of the Association to
new owners (which can also be processed during escrow); prepare and
distribute revisions and amendments of existing rules and policy to
- Schedule, coordinate and monitor the activities of each
contractor, vendor or service provider who is working in the
Association's common areas and report the progress made to the
- Devise, prepare and implement a system to receive and respond
to homeowner's maintenance requests. Report, as appropriate, on the
status of requests and work in progress to the Board.
- Make ongoing routine site inspections as per the management
contract and provide recommendations to the Board. Meet with
homeowners when needed to discuss noncompliance issues and
schedule/attend job walkthroughs with vendors.
- Responsible for association fiscal management including
financial statement review and comprehension. This may also be
conducted in conjunction with the assigned financial representative
within the company.
- Coordinate with the accounting department the preparation of
all documents relating to billing, collection, budget, taxes, audit
and financial statement preparation.
- Advise the Board of Directors about the Association's current
budget and report to the Board any deficiency in the budget.
- Monitor and report to the Board homeowner assessment
delinquencies and oversee liens, foreclosures and collection
efforts made to collect delinquent homeowner assessments.
- Manage payments and receipts for association. Authorize payment
of invoices and report discrepancies to the Board.
- Manage bid process by obtaining competitive bids for work that
exceeds authorized limit and submit bids to the Board for review
- Educate association Board Members on changes to legislation
that impacts their association. This may also be conducted with the
assistance of the association's general counsel.
- Manage all deadlines (internal company deadlines and external
account deadlines) and update on the association's annual
- Manage association insurance coverage and needs, ensuring
adequate and consistent coverage. This may also be coordinated with
the assigned insurance coordinator within the company.
- Manage and submit all charge-backs to association(s) monthly
for assigned associations.
- Manage litigation needs and provide a status report to the
Board. This may also be conducted with the association's general
- Manage Association vendors and ensure performance of the scope
of work on their contract.
- Oversee and process homeowner violations.
- Responsible for all aspects in the coordination of the annual
- Responsible for all association files (past and present) in
accordance with company standardized hard copy and electronic
- Utilize company support staff in accomplishing daily tasks in
efficient and professional manner.
- Maintain a chronological file of all duly adopted meeting
minutes and resolutions of the Association.
- Maintain a current roster of the names, addresses, and
telephone numbers of all unit owners and tenants.
- Submit for Board ratification all contract obligations.
- Supervise and train personnel working on the property on behalf
of the Association whether employed by the Association or
- Implement Board policy and use good business judgment while
enforcing the governing documents.
- Attend and exhibit leadership at industry functions.
- Must have reliable transportation, driver's license and be able
to drive to association clients, potential clients, and other
meetings as necessary.
- Manage special projects. Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in the industry, managing homeowners'
associations, city government, or related experience.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience across multiple locations;
effective in motivating and building strong teams.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building
- Comprehensive knowledge of management practices, accounting
procedures, personnel practices, Association CC&Rs and Bylaws,
inventory and procurement, contract relations, association
maintenance and safety practices.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral,
written and listening skills with the ability to draft, coordinate
and make presentations in a Board meeting setting and a large
- Collaborative decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills.
- In-depth experience with project management, budget management
and strategic goal development.
- Excellent, effective, and diplomatic verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Ability to read and understand financial statements, budgets
and working with numbers and the ability to explain same to a
larger audience, particularly the Board of Directors.
- Ability to draft business correspondence and reports along with
responding to inquiries and client concerns effectively and
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management
abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking
- Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for
clients including resident homeowners, committees and boards of
- Demonstrate integrity and honesty while interacting with
clients and team members.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Must be able to attend and actively participate at evening
meetings as required.
- Must be able to be on-call if needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree
preferred. Passion, when combined with commitment, makes anyone
unstoppable. CONTACT US
26840 Aliso Viejo Parkway, STE. 100
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
SAN DIEGO Are you a resident looking to login, pay online, or
request service? mySeabreeze.com
Keywords: Seabreeze Management Company, Aliso Viejo , Senior Community Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!