Corporate Staff Accountant
Company: Seabreeze Management Company
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Corporate Staff Accountant is responsible for the timely and
accurate processing of financial activities. The Staff Accountant
reviews report from inside and outside sources to ensure accuracy.
In addition to the monthly tasks, the Staff Accountant assists the
Corporate Controller as needed.Essential Duties and
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Post journal entries, run reports, complete reconciliations,
and analyze variances.
- Maintain general ledger accounts by reconciling accounts;
adjusting entries for prepaid; analyzing and reconciling accounts
receivable/payable ledgers; preparing fixed asset depreciation and
accruals as directed.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups,
keeping information confidential. Maintains accounting controls by
following policies and procedures, complying with federal, state,
and local financial legal requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications. Other duties and
responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical
procedures as needed
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Assist in the compliance of the Accounting and A/P policy and
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize
appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel skills and Sage skills (such as
pivot tables, vlookup, and data analysis)
- Financial software knowledge
- BS in accounting or five or more years' experience in
bookkeeping and/or accounting including understanding of general
accounting practices and principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks including
bank reconciliations, journal entry postings, account transfers,
and line-item budget reviews. Ability to produce a variety of
accounting records and entries in an accurate and timely manner
each month. Good time management skills. Ten-key by touch,
proficiency with Excel and Word and automated accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or 5 or more years'
experienceLanguage Skills:The individual must have strong written
communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively
with employees and clients at all levels of the organization, both
verbally and in writing.Availability:Regular business hours.The
work environment is a typical office building. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Keywords: Seabreeze Management Company, Aliso Viejo , Corporate Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!