Vice President, Financial Systems
Company: Shea Properties
Location: Aliso Viejo
Posted on: April 4, 2021
This is a hands-on VP role that will work closely with
functional and technical resources, including but not limited to
accounting/finance staff, operational staff and technical support
staff, analysts and others to design and implement solutions that
are flexible, scalable and reusable while meeting the business
needs in a timely manner. The Vice President, Financial Systems
will be responsible for providing finance business processes and
technical guidance as well as ensuring that technical teams are
following standards while implementing new projects and/or
enhancements. The Vice President, Financial Systems will report to
the SVP of Accounting, will support the Company's Yardi Voyager
system and financial applications, and will partner with the CIO to
ensure IT goals and initiatives are aligned. The Vice President,
Financial Systems ----------------, as with all Shea team members,
is expected to conduct himself / herself in a professional manner
that is consistent with Shea Core Values and the Business Ethics,
Employee Conduct and Confidentiality policy. Job Duties
- Lead efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and
systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and
implementing technology solution options.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight, as well as lead
training to empower users and super-users to leverage Yardi Voyager
for business process automation and optimizations.
- Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the
program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and
IT strategic direction.
- Work with team leads to develop requirements work plans,
identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine
resource skill requirements; support risk management and change
- Provide mentoring, coaching, development and day-to-day
management of staff.
- Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition
Process for assigned work to staff to produce, analyze, specify and
communicate business, system and implementation requirements.
- Responsible for resource management, including internal
resource allocations/assignments and third-party management from
sourcing to ongoing management.
- Work with stakeholders to effectively prioritize requirements
based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Design, configure and enforce best practice security rights,
processes and procedures within Yardi Voyager.
- Responsible for the integration of Yardi Voyager with other
existing internal business systems and software applications.
- Work directly and closely with Team leads for
Accounting/Finance, Operations, Development and Construction.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans are adequately designed
to cover implementation requirements.
- Oversee the troubleshooting and timely resolution of technical
issues within Yardi Voyager.
- Effectively identify and manage requirement conflicts and
issues to resolution.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
Technical/Professional Knowledge (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Business,
Management Information Systems or other related field is
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in IT/IS with 2-5 years of
demonstrated solid performance in an architect role working with
cross-functional teams (within IT and/or within the business) on
enterprise level or complex system implementations.
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in a Tier 1 ERP environment,
providing system vision and strategy within a complex, matrixed and
enterprise sized business environment.
- Must have 7+ years of experience as a functional architect
supporting Accounting and/or Finance, with an excellent
understanding of Financials including AP, AR, GL, and Job Cost and
able to resolve out-of-balance issues and resolve any discrepancies
between Item Ledger, General Ledger and As-of-Balance reports.
- Minimum 4 - 5 years of experience leading and managing a
- Strong project management skill (PMP certifiction is a
- Ability to partner with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven systems architecture experience with Tier 1 ERP
- Expert understanding and use of a Tier 1 ERP solution and
- Experience with ERP processes and workflows such as report
engines, applications, electronic payables, business functions and
- Experience in integrating an ERP system to third party
- Excellent support knowledge of Tier 1 ERP financial
- Experience implementing and maintaining SDLC policies,
standards, processes, procedures, methodologies, and
- Proven leadership skills for management and development of
- Experience with integrating SaaS solutions and enterprise
applications with a Tier 1 ERP solution.
- Experience designing and performing unit testing to ensure
systems and code work as expected.
- Experience in analyzing inventory discrepancies and excellent
knowledge of purchase orders, receipt transactions and item setup
- Experience measuring and tracking quality of systems analysis
- Ability to manage own workload and oversee on-time delivery of
external and internal resources.
- Extensive experience supporting evolving business needs on time
by delivering on commitments.
- Prior experience working in the Real Estate/Homebuilding
industry is a plus. The Vice President, Financial Systems works in
a professional office environment and interfaces with
external/internal customers, vendors, and financial partners on a
regular basis. The Vice President, Financial Systems will maintain
professionalism at all times with management and team members as
well as successful communication and positive relationship
building. Physical Requirements While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use
hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, talk, hear, and use
a telephone and personal computer. May be required to lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds.-- Shea Properties is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,
disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or
any other protected factor.
Keywords: Shea Properties, Aliso Viejo , Vice President, Financial Systems, Accounting, Auditing , Aliso Viejo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!